March 2012 Moms
Options

first ultra sound

This is my first baby and i get my first ultrasound wend. Can someone tell me what the doctor will be looking at? Will i be able to hear my babys heat beat?

Re: first ultra sound

• Options
    How far along are you?
  • Options

You might get an internal ultrasound.  I looks like a dildo, people sometimes call it the Dildo Cam.  The Dr. or tech inserts it and moves it around slightly until they are able to see the fetus.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my first appt and u/s this past Tuesday. The appt started with the u/s. I got to see the baby and the heartbeat, but didn't get to hear it. The tech did some measurements, and gave me my due date. Then I met with the dr to go over my history, family history, etc. She did a brief exam (kind of like your regular gyn exam). Then she sent me off for blood work. 

If your u/s is the on the belly kind, then you'll want to drink a lot before hand-my dr's office recommends 24-30 oz. A full bladder makes it easier to see. I don't think they require a full bladder if you're going for the "dildo cam" variety. My dr had me pee in a cup and so did the people who did my bloodwork, so make sure you have something with you to drink too in case you need to pee a lot. 

• Options
    I had my first at 8 weeks and wasn't able to hear the heartbeat.  I asked what the tech thought it was beating at.  She said it looked normal and 'guessed' that it was beating at around 160 bpm.  Not the greatest way to find out the heart rate with a  3 second visual guess, but at least she said the heart rate looked normal.
  • Options

so i will be able to see baby on a screen (the little tadpole) lol.

And will this hurt ?

• Options
    Thank you for you help you gave me alot of info i didnt know
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"