26 Weeks Pregnant

Welcome to Week 26!

Welcome to Week 26 of your pregnancy! Chat with other Week 26 Bumpies here.

Re: Welcome to Week 26!

• Here we are at week 26.  Only two more weeks and headed back to the doctor for the last 4 week appointment.  My hubby and I toured the hospital this weekend.  The hubby is nervous, I guess there are a lot of people that don't like hospitals though.  My ticker says 99 days left.  The next baby preparation step for us, the baby shower!  I can't wait to get our nursery in order!
  • Are you going to take any classes through the hospital. lamaz, infant CPR..?

We're thinking about what we'd like to take and what not to. I'd like to get pre-registered here as soon as I get a chance.

• Loading the player...
  • Anyone else's husband freaking out and not showing much excitement? My husband doesn't seem to be adjusting well to the upcoming arrival. He complains that because of a few classes, baby showers and maternity photos, his life as he knows it is over and he doesn't have time to "play" anymore..or won't into the future.

We both mutually decided to have this baby and I thought we were both on the same page. I tried to reason with him and let him have his "playtime" as much as possible so he could adjust slowly, but the third trimester will likely be more busy with baby plans. 

I don't necessarily think our life is over, but yes, there will be some change and adjustments.

Does this all end when the baby comes? Is this a guy thing? Any advice?

Thanks,

Frustrated Mommy to Be

• Don't worry!  First time daddys get the jitters!  Guys deal with things differently than we do.  They also have a different connection to the baby than we do.  Alot of first time daddys don't feel that connnection until they see their baby.  We have a connection immeaditly because we are carrying the baby!

My hubby was the same way when we were expecting our first (we are now expecting our third).  It's just a guy thing.  Just be patient and let him deal with this his way! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! He seems to be better this week - maybe it is HIS hormones (smile)?
  • Guys do this. The important thing is to make sure that he is part of the decisions (just can't do this without you, what do you think?) and make him feel appreciated for the baby stuff even if he complains about doing it. He'll regret it later if he's not part of it and makes them feel all manly when you need them to open jars and hammer nails paint etc. He will get better, he's probably just scared of an abstract concept, and let's face it, an unborn child is an abstract to virtually everyone but the one carrying it! 
  • We are taking a baby basics class as well as a prenatal class when we get closer to our sons arrival. Our prenatal class goes over infact CPR but I'm not sure if every prenatal class offers it. 
  • not to much longer!
    image image PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's so exciting to see the countdown days go from the triple digits to the double! August 28th here I come!!
  • I'm here! Belly's finally getting bigger! my baby boy has a LOT of strength from the kicks and movements he makes, it's awesome :) He even plays tag with daddy, so adorable
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hi there. I am week 26, day 3!! I am so very excited to meet my Tiny Me (no name yet) we can't seem to come to an agreement on a name yet and I really don't want a Junior, becuase my husbands name is generic...meaning you hear the name almost everyday.  I would prefer something not so everyday but not so unique no one knows how to spell it or pronounce it.  

Getting ready for our 2 baby showers. Someof my family is in NY and  the rest are in NC/VA so we are having 2 showers.  So excited.  I think he is too, on the low lol. I love the movements the baby gives me, its a wonderful feeling. God is so awesome.

• Oh its all starting to set in that in just a few months we will have a new little one! My husband is also having some adjusting my husband is an avid hunter and every December we have around 20 people that come and my husband takes them pheasant and deer hunting. I am a little stressed by this because opening weekend is my due date and I really dont want to have to entertain 20 drunk guys when I know I am not going to be feeling well, or worse have them all at the hospital with us! I am stressing about it and my husband doesnt see the bug issue at all. Any advise on how to combine the two worlds? Also my husband doesnt really get along with my mom. She was there with me when I had my first son and I really kind of wanted her there but before I really had a chance to talk to him about it he said that there will be no one other than us in the delivery room. I know that it is an important day for him but I also think at that point its more about me!

• when i am just sitting down i can feel my stomach hurting...is that normal?

• In response to your husband's daddy to be fears, my hubby is equally frustrating to me. He's only taken 3 pregnancy photos of me with his cell phone and that was only at my constant urging. He tries to find reasons to not go to prenatal checkups, even trying to start arguments to stay home. He gets frustrated when I have him try to feel fetal movement, too. I can't get him involved with daddy to be internet stuff and he ignores me when I try to tell him interesting pregnancy facts. I feel like I'm alone in this beautiful process. Every once in awhile he'll tell me he's excited about our baby, but not enough. I love him so much and I don't want to make him sound awful, but when it comes to the pregnancy he's just not in it with me. I have heard that men become dads when they hold their newborn, and women become mothers during pregnancy. I don't know.
  • Hubby and I have had our baby shower got all the goodies from family and friends. We had a BBQ and invited women and men it was a big hit. The guys didnt feel odd they had the BBQ to tend to but some joined in in the games. Oh and single guys give diapers and money they are lost with the rest of it!  think that says alot they think babies poop and are expensive. Big Smile

Happily Mrs W. C- Section date DEC 26th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are taking a childbirthing, breastfeeding, and infant CPR class through our hospital. I think I might have gone overboard, but I wanted to be prepared since I know practically nothing about a baby. :)
  • It feels like this pregnancy is moving so much faster than my first one five yrs ago. Me and daddy to be are signed up for Parenting and childbrirth classes at the hospital we will be delivering at. Its more like a refresher course for the both of us. Im so excited and I cant wait to meet our lilttle man.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 26 weeks as of yesterday! This pregnancy is flying by!
  • I was excited to get to this point!
    My husband and I finally found out the sex of our little one...it's a girl! :. It's funny because I felt boy the whole time leading up to the ultrasound but had three dreams and in all three baby was a girl! It is neat to be able to refer to her by name rather than it or baby. We are keeping her name a suprise until the birth so we probably should tone it down a little so we don't mess up and ruin that suprise.
    My husband had been supportive in the begginning but I found that he lost his touch over the last few months. He is still excited but i think its wearing on him. We always read the day to day books before bed and I like to have this time dedicated to baby. I could go on all day and have to remember he doesn't have that connection like I do. Once we had our latest ultrasound he got excited again, knowing that there's his little girl in there...
    In a couple weeks we'll be having our first shower. Pretty exciting. I don't like being the centre of attention so this is perfect as we are showering baby! I'm thinking I'll be taking a backseat from now on lol which is fine by me!
  • I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and I'm not feeling my baby move that much. A couple weeks ago he seemed more active and I finally felt some strong kicks. Then the last couple weeks I just don't feel much at all. Went to the doctor last week and she listed to his heartbeat and measured my belly and said everything looked great.It sounds like a lot of women on here feel a lot by 26 weeks, should I be worried? maybe i just don't have a very active baby  Confused
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"