7 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Welcome to Week 7!

Re: Welcome to Week 7!

• Options
    I don't feel sick either.  We found out on Monday (10/17) through an ultrasound that we are pregnant with twins!! We had IVF and both of the embryos that were transferred, took.  We are soooo excited!  It's our first pregnancy so everything is brand new to us.  I hope everything goes well for the remainder!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm reading the "not so sick" posts. I'm about 7 weeks as well and feel fine. I get a feeling like I have a rock in my stomach every once in a while, but that's about it. My breasts are sore, but it's not constant or anything. The only think constant right now is I'm easily tired out now. I know I'll feel better once I go to my first ultrasound in 1 week! Just gotta stay relaxed until then I guess. Good luck to all you ladies and unborn bundles of joy!! :):)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi all :) I just hit my 7 weeks on Tuesday! I been lucky..no m/s. Just queezy when I get up in the morning or if I eat too much. Other than that...no throwing up or anything. My boobies hurt BAD, especially when I get up from sleeping on my stomach OMG makes me wanna die! LOL I'm hella moody though, it sucks! I feel bad, I been being kinda of a *** with my man...I cant help it, it just kinda happens. Poor thing.

So anyways...nice too see y'all and I'll try to keep up!

Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well, made it to week 7. Seriously sore breasts but no morning sickness yet! I keep wondering when it will begin!! Come on week 8!
  • Options
    I am 7 weeks, and I started getting nauseous, just in the morning last week. Now, I am sick all the time. Just began a killer cold too...so on top of feeling nauseous and hungry, but not being able to eat, I am sniffling, sneezing and coughing my pregnant butt off!! LOL
  • Options
    I agree, can't we all just get a long? Come on mom's to be! <3<3<3
  • Options
    The headaches are killing me too!  I started seeing a chiropractor last week and they seem to be getting better, unless I eat a whole bunch of sugar or get dehydrated.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    I am seven weeks pregnant and I haven't been sick really. I did get a killer migraine that kept me home from work for a day. The migraine was so bad that I was throwing up and had to stay in the dark all day. My first appointment is next Tuesday. I'm so excited. It's our first pregnancy yay! Hoping for a happy and healthy 40 weeks. 
  • Options

If nausea is still really bothering you, get some B6 supplements. This is supposed to help counteract the nausea associated with pregnancy. Most prenatal vitamins include B6 already, but my doctor told me that if I am still feeling ill, take a little more on the side in addition to my regular prenatal pill. So far it has worked GREAT! Also, eat 6 small meals throughout the day if you can instead of 3 large ones....this will keep your stomach from getting empty (which can amplify the nausea), and you can also have Tums/Rolaids which can help and give you an extra dose of Calcium for the baby :) Drinking milk also helps if you can manage to keep it down. Hang in there! Just eat what you can when you can and before you know it, the second trimester will be here with some relief for your poor stomach.

Hope this helps! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm showing too! I am almost positive that I am 7 weeks; however, I can't get in to the doctor till Monday.

Similar symptoms, boobies, peeing, nausea, HUNGRY, weird food stuff. I'm nervous b/c I'm kinda hurting a little in my abdomen, but I guess that's normal.

Good luck & let us know about the twins!

• Options

Congrats and hi to all the future mommies.  I am seven weeks and was sick as a dog until my doctor gave me a prescription for Ondansetron.  It is a total lifesaver!  I actually could eat a full meal tonight since I have been living on saltines and ginger ale.  I look forward to this journey with all the other moms.  :) 

Boston Girl

Boston Girl
  • Options
    7 weeks tomorrow..today my emotions have been off the charts. I got a taste of nausea this afternoon and im exhausted and my boobies are sensitive. I couldn't button my pants today but im sure it's all bloating and constipation. Cant wait for my first appointment on the 29th!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    That would be me too- feel energetic actually (well, I do have my tired moments!)!  Had my first doctor appointment 2 weeks ago and the next one isn't until 10 weeks (I'm 7 weeks today)... maybe we can lay low under the sick radar? :) Good luck!
  • Options

Hi! Congrats on being pregnant! It's so exciting!!  On telling people.... With my first daughter, I told my boss in a closed door session.  He advised me to keep it a secret as long as I could. He didn't want people treating me differently and making assumptions about my future career with the company. He is German, so I think they do things a little differerntly there (they don't work for a year after having the baby!).  But I finally had to tell my colleagues at work because they asked directly at 14 weeks. It was a relief to tell them, plus it was getting pretty hard to hide!

Family- We told them at 12 weeks, but since we are pregnant again with our 2nd and 3rd, we are considering telling them at 10 weeks (Thanksgiving).

• Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I do not want to jinx my luck but I've just been nauseous here and there especially when I am sleeping and it wakes me up or when I first wake up. But other than that I have yet to throw up. My baby just turned 7 weeks today but I'm told I am not in the clear yet some women won't start vomiting till they are 8 weeks. So I will just keep my finger crossed until then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Im not nauses, im not emotional. But im usually a cry baby, so is it doing the opposite to me? My hormones that is.

• Options
    I am nauseous at sometimes but I have never thrown up. I have my first appointment in 2 weeks (i'll be 9 weeks), but I talked to my mom and she had no "morning sickness" with me or my little brother.
  • Options

I'm feeling great!  No nausea AT ALL!  I'm not worried about it.  Not everyone has morning sickness, and I've had my HCG drawn 3 times now and it looks great  :)

P.S.  I love how there are a million bitchy posts here proving the fact that moodiness is a 7 week symptom!!  LOL  I'm definitely feeling that one myself!

• Options

We just hit 7 weeks today. I haven't experienced any nausea either. I am eager to skip ahead to 12/14, so I can see my little one. I had some cramping and spotting Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to call Monday to see if I can get in sooner. Wish me luck (or more importantly, pray for us)!

imageMake a pregnancy ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hello 7 weeksters!!!!!!!

I am sure all the hostility is unnecessary, we are all in the same situation and can probably learn from one another.

I hit my 7th wk today, and the horrible nausea hit me last night. Threw up twice in the middle of the night.  Up until now had horrible indigestion which was very painful and uncomfortable.  Yesterday the indigestion swapped itself for the nausea.  Was able to call in sick for work as I can't even walk around without wanting to throw up.   Also, have a really strange taste in my mouth since yesterday.  Still able to eat small amounts spread out through the day. It's so hard to be creative with food everyday considering there are things we can't eat.  Super emotional as well especially when seeing babies on TV.

Anyone experiencing trouble with Materna vitamins? I think mine are  contributing to feeling unwell

Any bumpies in north Toronto, Canada? would like to chat:)

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options

:)  I have always loved food and that hasn't changed for me either!  I have some slight quezzy feelings if I don't eat but I mostly keep my stomach full and have been comfortable!  I haven't been to the Dr at all yet but I am not worried...just feeling blessed that I have not had to deal with m/s!  I do have other symptoms, breasts are super sore and I am SO exhausted.

For all you other ladies struggling, I have read that taking your Prenatal vits in the evening help with m/s...that's what I do.  Also I have noticed eating and smelling Citric Fruits is helpful...I eat a grapefruit everyday.  Hang in there!

• Options
    Don't listen to the negative people on here! There are (although few it may seem) women here that support everyone and are actually hear to share and help new moms/moms to be. Just have to screen posts so to speak :) 
  • Options
    I know your pain, but I am trying to be grateful that I don't have m/s!  I have had some other symptoms...but they have mostly subsided at the end of my 7nd week now.  My first appt. is next Friday and I can't wait for the reassurance.  We are just the lucky few, I hope!  :)
  • Options

I am so excited. Week 7 for me, but I don't get to see my doctor until Jan 3! It's killing me. My family doc is away on maternity leave so my first visit was at a drop in clinic. They set me up with the OB but would feel so much better if my family doc was my first contact regarding my pregnancy.

I haven't had a lot of nausea yet, but INTENSE hunger when I wake up in the morning. Guess I am pretty luck so far. I am dreading the day the vomiting starts. I don't do so well with that! 

Does anyone else feel sometimes like there isn't anything in there?  

Mamma of a bean brother
  • Options
    It looks like it's been awhile since you posted this but I had to reply.  I am now 7 weeks and have no nausea what so ever.  No real food cravings or aversions.  I've read that this is normal but makes me nervous something is wrong as well.  Please let me know how your pregnancy is going.  I'd love to hear if everything is all right.
  • Options
    I am 7 weeks and one 1 day today and like many of you I do not feel anything abnormal. This is my first pregnancy and I am 35 years old so I worry that all is going to be okay...but I stay very positive. I don't see my doctor until Dec 29th and can't wait to be honest...its driving me crazy. I keep reminding myself that the missed period (when I'm so regular) and two pregnancy tests are a sure sign. My breasts are sore and seem to have hardened and possibly grown a little bit. I pee all the time, but I drink a lot of water and have always been like that. I am tired often too...but other than that it is life as usual. I am thankful for no morning sickness as long as everything else is healthy and going accordingly. I'm glad to hear that there are others out there like me. This is all such a new experience....I'm so excited!
  • Options
    I have not had any nauseasness or morning sickness either. I am 7 weeks as of yeesterday (and really excited!). I have asked a nurse that's from my doctor's office if this was normal along with minor/moderate cramping (which is also normal, if you were wondering). I haven't had any craving or aversions either. Just remember that all pregnancies are different!! Don't be worried unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Have a happy and safe pregnancy!!
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way you do.  I have not been sick at all. Sore breasts and tiredness are the only symptoms I have had. I have been freaking out about it as well since I have several pregnant friends and they all have horror stories about how sick they have been and odd things that make them sick.  I go to the Dr. on Friday and can't wait to hopefully see and hear the hearbeat so I know everything is ok.
  • Options

I am 7 weeks pregnant...going for my first ultrasound this week...very excited to hear our baby's heartbeat. I am also very nervous. I am 37 years old and have an 18 year old. So, it feels like being pregnant for the first time. While I had no nausea and pretty much breezed through pregnancy at age 19, I am experiencing some nausea this time, which everyone tells me is a good sign. While I never even considered miscarriage at age 19, I'm a little afraid for it now... I am so excited to be married and have an active excited partner for this baby...I feel like the whole experience is going to be so much better...

• Options
    I'm somewhere in week seven myself and I was reading your post about how smelling lemons help some women with the morning sickness.  I am a testament to that.  I smell lemons, lick lemons, chew on lemons, drink lemon juice in my water, and crave lemon water ice on occasion.  It has helped me tremendously.  So much so, that I've only vomited once in these seven weeks.  Anything I feel my stomach getting upset all I want is lemon.  I've NEVER had this craving before.  So amazing!
  • Options
    I feel the SAME WAY! I have my checkup at 9 weeks and am feeling OVERLY worried!! I have told my friends and family because I am excited but I am just always worried something bad is going to happen! Any suggestions to ease these nightmares taking over me?
  • Options

I am the same way- sick sick sick-it sucks! this is my second pregnancy and I heard it is worse the second time and boy are they right! I have graduated to actually vomiting all day instead of just feeling like I was going to vomit all day- just eat what you can- your baby will be fine- take your prenatals and just do the best you can- my first time was like this to  and some days i just survived on soda and white bread- two things i NEVER EVER eat or drink in my normal unpregnant life- I am also a dietitian and i am appalled at myself but - when you feel that sick it's all you can do! It does go away- the last time for me was 20 weeks-ugh! but then all was fine and i ate very well and had a very healthy 7lb baby girl. It will be ok! just get through these next few weeks and if you ever feel like eating- take advantage and try to get some healthy stuff in you- wish i had some advice on what made it better - but nothing worked for me- no sea bands, no preggie pops, no anything-yikes! good luck!

jojo

• Options

Hey, 

So far I have been just feeling sick, but haven't actually "got sick". I keep some crackers on my night table and in my purse so I can eat a few before I get out of bed and a bit if I get a hunger pang. I heard it keeps the sickness down if you try to keep a little something in your stomach at all times, so I have been eating smaller meals at more regular intervals (like 6 small meals a day rather than your 3 square). I noticed you wrote that you have a dry mouth. Drink lots and lots of water. I know it doesn't help when you have to pee more often, but I just read "You: having a baby" by Dr. Oz and he said you should be drinking enough water that your urine is clear. It will help flush out any toxins and keep you hydrated. He said that if you are feeling thirsty then you are already dehydrated by then. Before this pregnancy, I only drank very little water, now I am clearing at least another liter of water a day over and above what I usually drink. 

But there is nothing wrong with not being super sick. My friend is expecting in February and I asked her if she was sick at all, and she flew through her first trimester with an aversion to certain smells... and that was it. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi all,

I've been lurking until now.  This is my second pregnancy.  the first resulted in miscarriage at about week 8.  I'm super paranoid.  My husband is trying to stay positive and he seems frustrated I'm so worried and "negative."  I just cant help it though.  I've been lightly spotting from light brown-red on and off for 5 days now with maybe slight cramping (although it's hard to tell from all the gas cramps!) and it just comes and goes. Not at all like my previous miscarriage where it progressed quickly.  I called my doctor and had my hcg levels drawn yesterday and they came back today lower than expected at 6700. I have my first appointment next week.  I'm super nervous and have been looking all over the web for similar stories.  I go again tomorrow to get my labs drawn and we'll see how the trend looks.  I know only one number is not super indicative of what's happening but I can't help but think miscarriage.  

My boobs are still big (already a cup size bigger!) and are sore but not as much as last week.  I don't really have nausea more just food/smell aversions with occasional queasy-ness.  I'm super gassy and bloated and pretty tired most of the day. I've also been sneezing and having a congested runny nose since the beginning.  It's nice to share with the only other people I can right now and those who really know how it feels!  I'm trying to convince myself that I'm pregnant and to be happy about it until I'm told otherwise.  Oh the anxiety and suspense!!  

BabyFruit Ticker Italian by birth, Scottish by marriage...wonder what our kids will look like?! imageAnniversary
  • Options

Hi everyone!!!  First pregnancy for me... and I am not sure what to expect other than what people around me are saying, which all seems to be different!  Definite things I do have are sore boobs (for over a week now), uneasy stomach but no actual sickness, moodiness (my partner can't wait to get this part over with so I wont be mad at hime anymore!!) and increased appetite!!

I can't wait for my belly to start showing... seems like it will make all of these worth their trouble!!! (:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I came on here because I thought I would find some support but it looks like a bunch of women who just want to tear each other down....I guess means girls just grow up into mean women.
  • Options
    WOW I came on here because I thought I would find some support but it looks like a bunch of women who just want to tear each other down....I guess means girls just grow up into mean women.
  • Options
    I wish I could drink water all the time. I have been sick for 7 days now. Water sits on my stomach, along with Sprite and usually comes up within the hour. If it doesn't come up, it just sits really heavy and adds to the nausea feel. The worse problem I have and need advice. I have a horrible taste in my mouth!! It's very dry, and nothing helps. I've tried lemon drops til I'm sick of them. Anyone have a unusual drink to share?
  • Options
    one of my favorite "mocktails" is pomegranate juice with ginger ale...yummy! give it a try!
    BabyFruit Ticker Italian by birth, Scottish by marriage...wonder what our kids will look like?! imageAnniversary
  • Options

That is such a great idea!!! I love both of those things:) Yeah I just got back from Chicago visiting my best girlfriend. Well the trip was planned before I got pregnant and so when I got there I had to tell her that I was (even though I think I should wait till after my first sonogram to tell everyone). It was so much fun anyway though because whenever we would go out to drink she would let me order the drink for her that I would normally get for myself. I had some pretty good mocktails while I was there, but the pomegranate ginger ale sounds like a winner.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"