January 2012 Moms
Options

Sinking feeling in abdomen?

Over the last several days, I've noticed a slight sinking feeling in my uterus when I stand up from sitting. It's almost like the sensation you get when you go over a hill at an intersection too fast only not in your chest. Has anyone else experienced this? I've noticed it's more pronounced today and am considering calling my doctor, but thought I'd check with you ladies first. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sinking feeling in abdomen?

• Options
    I haven't felt movement yet, but I've heard some girls describe baby movement like that :)
    Baby at 17 Weeks, 1 Day
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 11/13/09 - MMC 1/7/10 - D&C 1/11/10
    BFP#2 5/9/11 - Due Jan 17, 2012!
    My TTC Charts
    My Blog
  • Options
    I've felt movement within the last couple days, but it doesn't feel like this and this only happens when I stand up from sitting. Maybe it's just a different kind of movement. : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get that feeling a lot when I sit up, too. I just chalk it up to her doing a somersault or something! Sounds like movement, IMO.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I feel a lot of pressure when I first stand up, and sometimes when I first sit down.. Mine hurts though, so I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have experienced this also.  It reminds me of being on a rollercoaster when you take a huge dip and your stomach drops.  For me it is just my baby girl moving around or probably doing some flips.  I do not feel this sensation all the time but I have definitely felt it a few times this week. I was just at the doctors office earlier this week and everything is fine with baby.  I believe you are just experiencing your LO moving and flipping around.
  • Options

imagewendiandnate:
    I've felt movement within the last couple days, but it doesn't feel like this and this only happens when I stand up from sitting. Maybe it's just a different kind of movement. : )

I have not felt movement that I could definitely distinguish yet, but I do know what you're describing and it doesn't feel anything like what I would expect movement to feel like.  I get it first thing in the morning when I'm in the shower...probably the first time I stand straight up... and it feels like my whole stomach just dropped!  It's a weird sensation and goes away by the time I get out of the shower, so I've chalked it up to baby and all my guts readjusting to my new vertical-ness after being horizontal all night. 

It's definitely a weird sensation though, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Found my love 4-25-1998
    Married 10-18-08
    Pink baby ninja born 1-2-12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"