16 Weeks Pregnant

Welcome to Week 16!

Welcome to Week 16 of your pregnancy! Chat with other Week 16 Bumpies here.

Re: Welcome to Week 16!

• I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant with baby #2 - I could feel baby moving early on and have been for the last few weeks; however I haven't really felt the baby move all that much like I was this past week, is this normal?  Sometimes I think I feel movement but it's definitely not kicking like I could feel before.  I know it's still early so I feel like I shouldn't freak out yet and call the doctor, has anyone else experience this?  Suggestions?
  • I have felt the exact same way.

My doctor told me that the baby was moving just fine, just not up against the walls so I couldn't feel it.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I just feel ligot mouvement when i'm lying on m'y back. I CAN waiting to feel it kick in m'y belly.
  • I am 16 weeks today, and I have not felt anything...Still waiting. :(
    Wifey1220
  • I started to feel movement at 14 weeks but the last week I havn't felt much but sharp little jabs in my ribs.. hoping to feel the fluttering again soon.
  • I was just now lying on my back with my laptop on my stomach, and I felt something moving in there! It didn't feel at all like a "fluttering" the way so many people describe it, though; just kind of like something kept poking me, or shifting around inside.

I know it wasn't gas, because I've been scrutinizing my gas for the past two weeks to make sure it wasn't the baby moving, lol. When I felt it, I was convinced it was the baby; but now I don't know! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • I am almost into my 17th week and don't fell anything yet and I can not wait till I do so that can feel a better and know he is ok. Especially since the growing pains freak me out a little Smile
  • Is eating peanut butter toast a "no-no" during pregnancy?
  • imagekjcrosswhite:
    I am 16 weeks today, and I have not felt anything...Still waiting. :(

I'm in your boat!  This is our first baby, and we can't wait to be able to feel the baby move, my hubby is even more excited! 

~*~AstarMommy~*~
  • I am 16 weeks too, and I can say I started to feel baby moves earlier than with my first son. Sometimes it can be like a digestive noise, or sometimes , especially at nights I can feel his/her presence because my belly gets harder (in the top of my belly under my ribs) or in one of my belly sides when I am just moving in the bed. I think the kicks will be more clear after baby gets bigger and stronger and not doubt she /he is there!! (more at the end of second trimester). Is everybody getting the amnio exam ? I didn't need it with my first son but now I am 36, my OB suggested to do it if I wanted it.

Good luck everybody and enjoy this time in your life that it is unique!

• I'm also 16 weeks!!! I feel the movements now and I also get itdifferent times  at the top of my belly get harder which I didn't do with my first pregnancy!!! It feel so weird to me now!!! My Ob also suggested the amino to me too because of my age and I'm high risk,  but I declined it I will just trust in God that evertything will be fine!!! The pregnancy is going well so far except I'm can't sleep!!!

I would like to say Congrats to everyone and good luck!!

• me too....I hate waiting!
  • imageadrianade:

I am 16 weeks too, and I can say I started to feel baby moves earlier than with my first son. Sometimes it can be like a digestive noise, or sometimes , especially at nights I can feel his/her presence because my belly gets harder (in the top of my belly under my ribs) or in one of my belly sides when I am just moving in the bed. I think the kicks will be more clear after baby gets bigger and stronger and not doubt she /he is there!! (more at the end of second trimester). Is everybody getting the amnio exam ? I didn't need it with my first son but now I am 36, my OB suggested to do it if I wanted it.

Good luck everybody and enjoy this time in your life that it is unique!

Im also 36  yrs old, but not doing any screening. If there is anything wrong I'd rather not worry about it now (as I would never terminate) and enjoy being pregnant. Plus I'm not willing to take the risk of miscarriage that goes with getting an amino, however minimal it may be. There is a blood test/ultra sound test that can be done instead.

• I also have felt the baby early on & not just flutters. Some days Less than others. But I drink a cold glass of water & that seems to get a couple of nudges. I wouldnt worry too much about feeling constant movement. Just think of it as the baby isnt big enough yet =0) Hope this helps

Amelia

• this is my and my fiances 1st baby :) for both of us. no movement yet but im still really sick all the time. the growing pains are alot more frequent then last week but im glad that thats my way of knowing our baby is getting healthy lol. Stick out tongue cant wait to find out if its a boy or girl!
  • me too.. Huh? wish my baby would hurry up! lol
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's my first pregnancy and I can't wait to feel my baby.....
  • It's my first pregnancy and I can't wait to feel my baby..... I turn 16 wks tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes to hear her/him. 
  • This is my first preganacy and I am 16 weeks. I felt a little thump like someone was flicking me inside my belly, im assuming it was some baby movement. Very excited to feel some more kicking as it gets bigger!
    image image PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've heard of round ligament pain, and Ive had terrible back aches. I guess my  body is adjusting to the change but the pain is dull but it is worse than I would have imagined. Anyone else?
    image image PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm the exact same way. I felt it very early on, but the little stinker just kind of moves very sparatic. I think it's very normal because it's early. I don't blame you for worrying because I felt the same way or still do at times, but I think it's totally normal. After a several days of not feeling it move, I just did again last night. It may be 5 days or so before I feel it again.

P.S. This is my second and I did not feel the baby move with my first until I was big enough to have it be very noticable.

• I am here, 16 weeks and 3 days.  My first and my husbands 2nd. We are fluttering, moving and grooving over here.  More so during the day than at night (and I am a night owl).  The baby is more so on the right side most of the time, so that is where all the fluttering takes place.  I thank God everyday for this experience and being able to experience such a wonderful opportunity that many young women just take for granted.
  • Hello

Good to join a nice group, I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and I started to feel fetal movements like butterflies las week, sometimes whiles working in my desk 2 o 3 times, but on Saturday and Sunday haven't feel anything and I am a little worried. I want to buy a Doppler to feel more secure but my hubby things it would worst as I will get more nervous. I still have 3 weeks until my next scan and not sure what to do. 

• I am 36 as well (37 in June) and did the ultrasound screening and blood test.  THose were normal, so they didn't suggest an amnio.  I'd ask about those first since amnio has a risk of miscarriage.  Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"