3rd Trimester
Options

Contractions and needing to pee

Kind of odd question but I never see anything about this. When I get BH contractions they make the feeling of needing to pee WAY worse! I don't even feel the need to then the BH contraction comes and I need to. Sooo, when the real contractions come is this a big issue? I'm just concerned that on top of having contraction pain I will have that extra pain of needing to pee!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Contractions and needing to pee

• Options
    I wonder this too!!  My BH always make me have to run to the bathroom afterwards! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

According to my doctor, when your bladder is too full, it causes BH contractions, so it may be that you actually should have peed before and they are intensifying the feeling.  I don't know...just a thought.

My water broke before I started having hard hitting contractions so I'm not really sure.  Once your water breaks, you are constantly leaking fluids so it kind of just feels gross any way....I don't remember feeling like I had to pee all the time.  Then once I got my epi, you don't feel the need to pee at all.  The nurses come in a cath you instead.  They straight cathed me meaning they came in and drained my bladder every so often and did not give me the kind that stays in.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepete0121:

According to my doctor, when your bladder is too full, it causes BH contractions, so it may be that you actually should have peed before and they are intensifying the feeling.  I don't know...just a thought.

My water broke before I started having hard hitting contractions so I'm not really sure.  Once your water breaks, you are constantly leaking fluids so it kind of just feels gross any way....I don't remember feeling like I had to pee all the time.  Then once I got my epi, you don't feel the need to pee at all.  The nurses come in a cath you instead.  They straight cathed me meaning they came in and drained my bladder every so often and did not give me the kind that stays in.

This.. but I'm a FTM so I can't say for "real" contractions

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Can't say for 'real' contractions either, but with the BH I always feel like I have to pee right after. I will literally get up from the toilet, have a BH,and feel like I have to pee again. I think it might be the way baby moves after, or maybe the tightening of the muscles then the release making you think you have to go??
  • Options
    At the very start of labor, I was running to the toilet constantly, but once labor starting picking up, I completely forgot I even owned a bladder :P
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Options
    I'm the same way. It doesnt matter if I've just emptied my bladder - having a BH contraction makes me feel like I have to pee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Bored and lurking...

I went into PTL around 31wks with my DS. My Dr told me to make sure that I emptied my bladder regularly because like a PP said a full bladder can actually cause you to have BH. 

When I went into labor and started having real contractions, I didn't feel the need to pee at all. 

Good luck!

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Happens to me, too and it makes sense why. When your uterus hardens, it doesn't "mold" around your bladder quite as well, so it pushes on it. It really hurts when your bladder is full! Yow!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I know that some women I have worked with (Im a doula) have felt better going through long periods of labor on the toilet, feeling free that what ever feels like it needs to come out can.  Some women need to be reminded in labor to try to empty their bladders.  A full bladder in labor can prevent the baby from descending.  So it can really vary greatly.  I went through a few hours of contractions last night and needed to pee after every one.  I couldn't believe I could be pee every 7 min, but I did.  At least it assured me that I wasn't having the contractions from being dehydrated :)
  • Options
    I def. have/had this with BH but i don't remember this being an isssue at all when having real contrax.  With DS2 I laid in bed and contracted for like 6 hours at home and didn't have to rush to the bathroom every 7-10 min........I wonder what the difference is?
  • Options
    imageforensicmama:
    Happens to me, too and it makes sense why. When your uterus hardens, it doesn't "mold" around your bladder quite as well, so it pushes on it. It really hurts when your bladder is full! Yow!!!
    exactly what I think. I always feel like my muscles are just squeezing so hard that its putting extra preasure on my bladder and thats why I feel like Iv gotta run to the bathroom...
  • Options
    imagepete0121:

Yep, that is what my OB told me too.  The extra pressure from your bladder causes the contraction.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"