Illinois Babies
Options

Daycare costs in Western Suburbs?

Hi, Ladies!  I'm new here; posting mostly on thenest.  In any case, H and I are thinking about TTC in the next year or so.  We are trying to be proactive and figure out some costs prior to then.  We currently live in Wheaton and are wondering about daycare costs.  The ideal situation would be for me to work part-time, probably 3 days a week, so we would need daycare for those 3 days.  Any rough numbers for me?  Also, do you guys prefer in-home daycare, centers or nanny/nanny share?  Thanks!

Re: Daycare costs in Western Suburbs?

• Options
    We ended up with a nanny who we pay $75/day. There was a daycare center in Westmont that I was also considering and it was $54/day. HTH.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Call the centers in your area and ask them. That is the best way to find out. Full time day care centers, in Wheaton like Kensington and Chesterbrook are $300-350/week for 5 days a week. If you need three days, will be less than that, probably more like $225-ish.

ETA: typo

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im in a southwest burb and I love the daycare we use. $274 a week. Theres not a big discount for 3 days instead of 5, maybe $50 less? Some daycares wont do part time because your LO will be the only one able to use that reserved crib. 
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Chesterbrook and KinderCare are about $55-64/day.  The in-homes in the Western Burbs are about $50/day.  I think my daughter learned to do things faster (crawl, walk, etc) being in the day care enviornment, but we had problems with them not changing her enough and some of the teachers seemed a little immature.  We are moving the girls to an in-home when the baby comes, hoping it will be a better fit.  Both have positives and negatives, so I would research what better suits your needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"