March 2012 Moms

Intro and misdiagnosed miscarriage!!

Hello ladies,  I have been lurking on this website for weeks, trying to find any hope for my situation.  I am sharing my story so that it will hopefully help someone else going through the same situation... here is my story.

At 6 weeks I started having bleeding and cramping so I immediately freaked out because it looked the exact same as my miscarriage in february.  I called my doctor and she scheduled me for an ultrasound the next morning.  At the ultrasound, the tech found a large subchorionic hemorrhage and only a gestational sac and a yolk sac.  I was 6w1d at the time.  They told me that my days must be off, but I KNEW they weren't because I was on clomid and was doing ovulation tests and temping every day.  I knew the exact day I ovulate and the exact day we conceived.  Due to this, the doctor ordered HCG levels to be drawn every 48 hours to see if the pregnancy was progressing.  I had my labs drawn that monday and they didnt double until a week later.  The doctor told me that things didn't look good and to expect to miscarry.  She also said that since I was on progesterone suppositorites, that they may be causing a prolonged miscarriage.  I had a nurse call me on that friday to tell me what to do in the event that I would miscarry over the weekend (as if I hadn't been through it before).  Another nurse called me on monday to see if I had increased bleeding or signs of miscarriage over the weekend.  The only symptoms I was having was spotting (brownish) and horrible cramps.  Since I hadn't miscarried yet, they ordered another week of HCG levels.  Again, they didn't double for 6 days.  I told my doctor that I didn't want anymore levels done because they were stressing me out and if I was going to miscarry then it'd happen.  My doctor told me that if I didn't miscarry by my original ultrasound appointment, at 8w3d, then we'd keep the appointment and do the ultrasound to see if it's a missed miscarriage.  She said that we would probably stop the progesterone then, and i'd miscarry on my own.

My husband and I were prepared for the worst again.  We decided we'd use cytotec this time instead of having a D&C and we also agreed not to look at the ultrasound screen because we didn't want to have nightmares about it later.  We got in for the ultrasound, both looking the opposite way.  I'd say 2 minutes passed by, we didn't hear anything.  I kept thinking "just say it, there is no heartbeat".  Then the tech said, "it's safe to look" and she turned up the volume and there was our baby with a hb of 170bpm!!!!  The baby was even measuring one day ahead!  We sat there and cried.  We were speechless!!  The doctor and tech was just as shocked! 

This just shows, that there is hope for all of those who have hcg levels that aren't doubling every 48 hours!!!  I also had some bright red spotting which they said was from the hemorrhage.  Stay positive ladies!  Miracles do happen!

+hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and misdiagnosed miscarriage!!

• Oh my gosh, what a nutty story! I'm so glad that things are working out well for you, I hope they continue to progress just as beautifully! Congrats and welcome to the board!
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you so much for sharing :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • what a wonderful story! welcome!
  • What a great story... it made me tear up a little. I am so glad that things are progressing well for you. Congrats!!!!
  • I'm so glad everything is working out!  Congratulations!
  • That's an amazing story!  Welcome & Congrats!!
  • What an awesome story! So glad you shared! I little hope for all of us that are having some problems! Congrats and welcome to the March board!
    Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's so scary! Glad it turned out well and the baby is fine! Welcome!
  • Wow! What story! Sounds like you've got a little miracle baby on your hands! Hope the rest of your pregnancy is a much more positive experience!
  • Wow, what a story!  Congrats and welcome to the board!

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Aww this makes me cry!! I'm so happy for you!!
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, that's nuts. Congratulations on a healthy baby so far. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Wow!! Thank you for sharing your story and CONGRATS!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OMW, your story just made me cry!! I'm so happy for your, this is definitely a miracle baby ? and a tough one! Congrats!! :o)
  • OP - your story made me tear up at work!  What a great ending!  It's great to finally hear a happy story!!

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's so nice to hear a happy story.  I just cried at work like PPs.  Congrats.  Good Luck and Welcome to our board!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh my goodness!  I'm crying too!  what a great story :)  Welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow what a wonderful story! i'm so happy for you!! it totally made me tear up!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Thank you for sharing your story ... it gives me hope.  I'm still in the middle of the roller coaster ride.  Here's out story:

We had our first ultrasound at 5 weeks 4 days (we did IVF so they do early ultrasounds).  We saw a very small sac.  RE said it was 50/50 but wanted to see me in a week to see if it had grown.  HCG levels were doubling about every 65 hours (within the normal range but not the typical 48 people think).

Repeat ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days (last Friday).  Sac grew but was empty.  My RE wasn't in so it was an ultrasound tech that did the scan.  HCG still doubling every 62ish hours.  We prepared for the worst.  

Confirmation ultrasound at 7 weeks 1 day (Monday). Sac has continued to grow and now he's measuring the yolk sac (!!!) at 5mm or 6 weeks 2 days and sees what he thinks might be a faint heartbeat. 

I'm now 7 weeks 3 days and we have another scan scheduled for Friday at 7 weeks 5 days. My RE feels we'll need a D&C but I'm trying to hold on to a sliver of hope that we'll see growth and a heartbeat on Friday.  Stranger things have occurred and your story gives me hope.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes easy and smooth!  Congrats!!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageKaliChick:

Thank you for sharing your story ... it gives me hope.  I'm still in the middle of the roller coaster ride.  Here's out story:

We had our first ultrasound at 5 weeks 4 days (we did IVF so they do early ultrasounds).  We saw a very small sac.  RE said it was 50/50 but wanted to see me in a week to see if it had grown.  HCG levels were doubling about every 65 hours (within the normal range but not the typical 48 people think).

Repeat ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days (last Friday).  Sac grew but was empty.  My RE wasn't in so it was an ultrasound tech that did the scan.  HCG still doubling every 62ish hours.  We prepared for the worst.  

Confirmation ultrasound at 7 weeks 1 day (Monday). Sac has continued to grow and now he's measuring the yolk sac (!!!) at 5mm or 6 weeks 2 days and sees what he thinks might be a faint heartbeat. 

I'm now 7 weeks 3 days and we have another scan scheduled for Friday at 7 weeks 5 days. My RE feels we'll need a D&C but I'm trying to hold on to a sliver of hope that we'll see growth and a heartbeat on Friday.  Stranger things have occurred and your story gives me hope.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes easy and smooth!  Congrats!!

I immediately thought of you, so I am also hoping like crazy for you!!!

• Thank you everyone!  This has been such an emotional roller coaster!  My husband and I just want to be parents and bring home a child that will be loved and cared for!

Kalichick--do not lose hope!  All pregnancies are different.  They don't all have to be text book perfect.  Hopefully yours is just developing slower like mine and will catch up and be ahead of the game!  Your numbers are increasing much better than mine and we are now on track!  Good luck to you!  I'm praying for you!  Let me know how it goes!

+hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"