April 2011 Moms
Options

now it's our turn to break the swaddle

Liz is suddenly in love with rolling to her tummy.  As soon as we put her down to play she rolls straight over and hangs out (complete opposite of Drew who fought tummy time tooth and nail and didn't roll until 6 months!)  Tonight DH was at a meeting and I laid her on the floor in our room to hang out while I put Drew to bed.  When I walked back in - there she is asleep on her tummy.  I woke her up to nurse her one last time and then swaddled her up.  As soon as I laid her down in the swaddle she starts bawling and throwing her legs around trying to roll to her stomach.  Yikes!  She's been rolling for a little while now but she's never shown any inclination to roll while swaddled.  I guess things have changed!  If she's determined to sleep on her belly, she sure as heck can't be swaddled!

I unswaddled her and she went straight to her tummy.  After a few minutes of squirming and fussing she fell asleep.  I didn't expect it to work out this way, but I suppose we're done with the swaddle!  We'll see how the night goes.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: now it's our turn to break the swaddle

• Options

Good luck. It sounds like it's time.

Don't be discouraged if she has a couple of hard nights, it took DD about a week to adjust (only at bedtime, once she actually went down, she was fine).

It's not fun, but once she got used to it, it was kind of a relief in a way. I didn't have to think about it anymore, ya know?

• Options
    Heh, that's pretty much how DS finished with the swaddle, too. Now he just rolls to his belly as soon as we put him down in the crib, sticks his thumb in his mouth, and falls asleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Each night and nap has just gotten better and better.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That is pretty much how we stopped swaddling DD1. We woke to find her on her belly fast asleep in the morning. Tried a half swaddle for some naps and she was fine so we just ditched it the next day and never looked back. No problems at all. GL!!

OH, we are dying to ditch the swaddle for DD2 but it isn't going so well yet. We are hoping for it to happen the same way again as DD1.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"