Nevada Babies

Anyone homebirthing?

Just seeing, I know the board is slow/doesn't have much convo but I'd figure I'd ask :)

Re: Anyone homebirthing?

• I am not homebirthing, but I'd like to tell you that I am pretty jealous of the idea. I have a friend that did the all-natural homebirth with her most recent child and she recommends it to anyone that is willing to try that does not have circumstantial medical issues. She used a birthing tub and loved the experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thinking about it... Not pregnant with the second yet (but trying to prepare)- had our first at a hospital and used a CNM.  Bummed that CNM aren't in hospitals here : (
  • Loading the player...
  • Just kidding- just found out today that there are now a few CNM in the hospitals through Women's Specialty Care.  I will probably go that route- especially because of insurance, but we'll see...
  • Did your friend home birth out here???  Its something Im interested in as well.  Any of the hospitals out here have birthing centers with tubs, ect??
    Annie Married to my best friend Nic. Expecting our first in December.
  • Where is womens specialty care?  What hospitals do they work with?
  • no birthing centers but lots of great midwives and tub rentals :)
  • imageAnnieN3:
    Where is womens specialty care?  What hospitals do they work with?

I dunno every hospital they are at, but I know they do spring valley and I THINK summerlin. And some of the docs have an office @ Spring Valley in the medical office building.

• Any recommendations on midwives?
  • To AnnieN3,

I recommend Kathya Del Aguila from Lotus Flower Babies. She is a great midwife and provides tub rentals as well.  

I rented the tub from her. I had a water birth at Summerlin hospital. (Wanted to have a home birth but insurance would only cover if it was done at a hospital and by a doctor. I used Dr. Harter of Women's Specialty care who specializes in natural birthing - he seems to be the only doctor doing this). 

Eventhough she was not my midwife she had answered all of my questions regarding birth by phone or email. 

Kathya asembled the tub on time and gave me some guidance, applied some presure on my hips and showed my sister and husband how to do this. When the tub was ready, she left. With her tips I gave birth in 15 minutes and I am not kidding. She helped more than a nurse. She was caring, understanding, had a lot of empathy. (Hey, I was anxious since it was my first delivery). The baby was born when no nurse was around and the doctor arrived afterwards. 

I recommend water birth. It aleviates pressure in your hips. It aides so much in the delivery. It is simply amazing!!!!!! More important than any of these, is to talk to people who had experienced it. Everybody else is going to tell not to do this. I don't know why would anyone ask for advice to someone who hasn't experienced this and ask doctors who do not specialize in natural birth, but some people do...

Anyway, I really hope this helps to anyone and feel free to ask. To me Kathya was great!!!!

:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"