3rd Trimester

40 weeks no dilation, no effacement, little patience!!

So I am technically 40 weeks today and I have no signs that I am heading towards labor...UGH!!!!  My doctor is waiting to see what happens and will not induce til August 19th...10 days away!!!  I have had a picture perfect pregnancy and very little to complain about but let's get this show on the road already!!!

Anyone else been in this situation??  What did you do other than be patient?  We tried a foot massage, spicy food, lots of sex....none had any impact.  Thinking of going the evening prim rose route but have mixed feelings.  Any suggestion? 

Re: 40 weeks no dilation, no effacement, little patience!!

• I was in your shoes at 40 wks. It was a Friday and they scheduled a stress test and US on that Monday.  I went into labor on my own Sunday night (2 days after EDD).  I didn't really try anything to bring on the labor... I for some reason has the expectations DD was never going to come on her own and I would need to be induced.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went shopping and walked a lot.  It was kinda fun freaking out cashiers and customers "Oh when are you due?"  "Last Thursday!" - the looks on peoples' faces was great.

Walk walk walk.  I had contractions ALL DAY the drove me nuts, never amounting to anything and weirdly timed apart until my water finally broke at 4am!  Hang in there, the baby WILL COME OUT!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My chirporactor said there are pressure points a massage therapist can hit when giving you a massage to help induce labor. They normally stay away from those until you are full term. They also do them when you are due to help start it. Maybe that will help?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For my second DC, I was 40 weeks and 2 days and the doctor said there wasn't anything going on at all..I went into labor that night without doing anything so it could still happen at any time..
    Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • Not much going on here either. 2cm and she's been really low for the past few weeks. My dr is inducing Friday if she's not here yet. They pushed my due date back a week and a half in the beginning and he said those could be a little off. I'm hopping she'll come on her own before then because I was induced with my son due to GD and wanted to see what it was like to go natural. I enjoy being pregnant (and sleep!) but I want to meet her so badly! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • walking, lots of walking... i was 40 wks 3 days when i gave birth to #1 and i drank the tea and took the herbal supplements (primrose?) and took 3 mile walks... i also thought i was in labor, went to L&D and got my membranes stripped and real labor happened the next days... they can strip membranes in doctor's office too, you could ask your OB about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've tried: EPO, RRL tea, sex, eggplant parm, massage, chiropractor and walking every day.  So far nothing but lots and lots of BH contrax (irregular, usually at night).  At my 40 w appt, still no progress at all and I don't even think he has dropped.  I've given up on the home remedies for induction.  I'm being induced Thursday and I can't wait!!  I don't think he is coming on his own before then...but I'm prepared in case it does happen.  GL!  You will have a baby in your arms soon :)

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• We tried everything as well. Still no dilation, effacement and baby is high up. I even lost my mucous plug/had bloody show sunday and yesterday. Still nothing today. I'll be induced tomorrow at ten days past my due date. Be happy your dr. is letting you go ten days past. A lot of docs will try to induce a week past with ftm's. Hopefully you will get lucky and go into labor on your own. But nothing we do works if they're not ready!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lurking over here from second tri.

I was in the same situation with my DD (who is now 17 months old).

I wound-up delivering at nearly 42 weeks on my own after my water broke. I truly was late: DH and I used IU to get pregnant so we know EXACTLY when we were ovulating.

Walk, walk, walk, walk is all I can recommend!  My water broke the day I walked close to 2 miles.

Good luck!

• I was 2cm and 50% with DS for at least a month (37w, 38w, 39w AND 40w appt) with no labor in sight. Honestly, nothing worked to get things going so I just gave up and decided to enjoy my last few days of pregnancy. I had a scheduled induction at 40w5d at 6pm... well, that morning I woke up in full blown active labor. DS was born the next day (after midnight), at 40w6d and it turned out that I didn't need the induction after all.

Good luck! I hope you go in labor soon. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemiss_mccallum@yahoo.com:

So I am technically 40 weeks today and I have no signs that I am heading towards labor...UGH!!!!  My doctor is waiting to see what happens and will not induce til August 19th...10 days away!!!  I have had a picture perfect pregnancy and very little to complain about but let's get this show on the road already!!!

Anyone else been in this situation??  What did you do other than be patient?  We tried a foot massage, spicy food, lots of sex....none had any impact.  Thinking of going the evening prim rose route but have mixed feelings.  Any suggestion? 

Iv been 3 cm Dialated for 2 weeks and 80 % effaced. Iv been doing the Evening PrimRose thing (though not every night consistently) and still nothing. Yesterday was my DD... :( I guess its true what they say that baby will come when she/He wants to ....But I hope everything goes realy well you :)
  • imageBubFlink:

Walk, walk, walk, walk is all I can recommend!  My water broke the day I walked close to 2 miles.

Good luck!

thats so not fair!!!! Iv been walking 4 miles every evening and still nothing :(
  • I would also like to say NOT FAIR!! But  mainly because it's 102 degrees here in Houston, TX right now.  I want to die walking to my car... much less 4 miles?  You ladies inspire me! Hopefully the weather is better for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"