2nd Trimester

help! expecting and moving so need two photo announcements in one

I posted this over on the nest first, but thought you guys would have some good input too! 

So my hubs and I are buying our first house and expecting our first baby, and we'd like to send out a photo announcement that's two for one.

BUT I can't seem to find any of those stationary companies online that will let me customize an announcement so much as to be able to combine two different announcements into one. 

Anyone done this before? What company did you use? The best I can come up with so far is something like this https://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/4x8-flat-photo-cards/basic-borders from shutterfly, because I can customize the text.

also, people over at the nest are saying that an "expecting" announcement is premature and just inviting trouble. which, i can definitely see.

but then what do you think about people putting up ultrasounds and making pregnancy announcements on facebook or blogs?  i have more "friends" on facebook than friends/family i would send paper announcements too... is an online announcement less hard to take back if something were to happen to the baby than a paper one?

just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks! 

Re: help! expecting and moving so need two photo announcements in one

• First off, congrats on both! How far along are you? I wasn't one of the people who waited till 12 weeks to tell, but I made sure I had an ultrasound and saw a baby and heart beat before I made any kind of announcement. 

Both the house and baby are super exciting so I don't blame you for wanting to send something out. I'm sure you could find an etsy vendor to make you a custom announcement and if not I do photography on the side and have photoshop and lots of customizable templates, I'd be happy to make you one (for free) and just e-mail you the file so you could have anyone print it for you.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How far along are you?  If you are in 2nd tri, you're going to have to fess up sooner or later.  LOL  If not, that is up to you....  But I announced on FB(bc my MOM let the cat out of the bag) the same week I got a BFP.  I figure, it would be hard to tell people something happened, but at least I'd have the support and prayers needed to get thru it...  So, it's up to you.  Most of my friends found out thru FB, but I know my MIL and grandma appreciated the cards I made;0)  I only needed to make 9, so I did it myself.  Pretty cute.  I did a pic of DS and DH fishing and put underneath- Dad and DS are fishing for a BIG ONE!  And then on the inside, it said that I am getting our xmas list done early bc I will WAY too busy this year and am trying to get ahead of the game, and here's our list to help the early birds:  Dad- Money and sleep.  Mom- freezer meals and sleep.  DS- lots of toys and love and attention.  New baby- diapers and a healthy birth in JAN!!!!  ;0)  They loved it.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • wow! thanks so much for you kind words, advice and offer! i'll have to look into it a bit more. (no one over at the nest thought it was a good idea, so i was starting to think we were crazy!)

for the announcement, we were thinking text that says "We've been busy" then a picture of us with boxes holding a sign that says "we moved" with the address of our new place, and then a picture of us holding a sign that says "we're expecting" with the due date and me turned sideways so you can see the bump. what do you think? lame or cute? 

• We didn't send out any announcements so I can't help with that part.

We did do a FB post announcment once all the close family found out. It was the easiest way for me to tell my friends and it allowed me to let people know who I may not have thought to tell and who would have been offended 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • That sounds like a cute idea! They also make those photo announcements that are double sided too! You could always have one side say something like, " we've been busy and needed a bigger space... " then the other something bout the baby.  I think no matter how you do it it will be cute! Congratulations on both news!
  • waoh! Cebs222, what companies do double sided photo cards? that could be fun!
  • could you do a pic of you (with bump) and husband in front of the new house, saying Sally and Tom (plus one) have moved! or something like that?? I feel if you do a pic of you with the bump, people will get it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You could take a belly shot in front of your new house.. or your husband can be carrying a box that says babys room and have you with your bumb next to him..
  • imagelauren1205:
    could you do a pic of you (with bump) and husband in front of the new house, saying Sally and Tom (plus one) have moved! or something like that?? I feel if you do a pic of you with the bump, people will get it. 

LOVE this idea! 

• the same thing is happening with us, i found this website that actually has a moving/ baby announcement. they also have other cute ones too

https://www.tinyprints.com/search/pregnancy+announcement

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagecrogers19:

the same thing is happening with us, i found this website that actually has a moving/ baby announcement. they also have other cute ones too

https://www.tinyprints.com/search/pregnancy+announcement

here is a good example

https://www.tinyprints.com/product/15876/studio_basics_moving_announcements_doubly_new_sky_martini.html

• Studio Basics: Moving Announcements Boxed Joy - Front : Powder Blue

https://www.tinyprints.com/product/15865/studio_basics_moving_announcements_boxed_joy_powder_blue.html

these are some of the ones that i liked especially this one, i thought was very cute 

• imagemlmiu:

imagelauren1205:
    could you do a pic of you (with bump) and husband in front of the new house, saying Sally and Tom (plus one) have moved! or something like that?? I feel if you do a pic of you with the bump, people will get it. 

LOVE this idea! 

It is a very cute idea!  I woudl definitely check out Etsy.  Sellers are usually really cool about doing custom designs.

• mlmiu, I just sent you a PM!
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We had friends do an 'expecting announcement' mixed with a New Year's card last year.  It was cute, but not needed.  I figured the wife just wanted to create something, so she did.  It certainly didn't cause any harm!

You'll probably have to either go with a generic one, or choose which you want to be the main announcement & just customize the text. 

• Congratulations on both!

Not sure how far along you are, but I would wait until you have an ultrasound to show for it. Much more fun that way! 

I waited until 12 weeks and our u/s to announce it. I figured that if something happens then I will want the support of my friends and family to get me through. 

I think the idea of combining both is very cute and I think you should go through with it! I would suggest taking a look at scrapblog. They have announcements you can create online. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"