New Orleans Babies
Options

Searching for a new OB. Any Suggestions?

Hi. I am searching for a new OB who is affiliated with Touro Infirmary. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!

Re: Searching for a new OB. Any Suggestions?

• Options
    I go to Rebecca Perret.  She is near Touro on Prytania, just off Louisiana Ave. and is affiliated with them.  I just started seeing her last year, and aside from the horrible wait time, which I guess I can expect of any OB these days, she is absolutely wonderful.  A friend just delivered her 2nd using this doctor, and said she was fabulous.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I will check her out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If Dr. Perret doesn't work out, I'd recommend Jennifer Mills. :)

• Options
    I just delivered my baby with Perrett and she was fantastic.
  • Options

imagenawlinsgrl:
    I go to Rebecca Perret.  She is near Touro on Prytania, just off Louisiana Ave. and is affiliated with them.  I just started seeing her last year, and aside from the horrible wait time, which I guess I can expect of any OB these days, she is absolutely wonderful.  A friend just delivered her 2nd using this doctor, and said she was fabulous.

Another vote for Perret.  Love her!!  She delivered my first daughter, but was out of town when I went into labor with my second.  Another doctor in the same practice (Dr. DuTreil - sp??) delivered my second daughter and he was wonderful as well.  But seriously - Dr. Perret has been awesome.  Her bedside manner is great.

• Options
    O.K. it 's going to be funny but I have been going to the same OB/GYN since I was 18 (I'm 29 now) and I LOVE HIM.  His name is Dr. Peepers.  (yes, I know, and I thinks it's funny too!!)  He is affiiated with Touro and he is with Crescent City Physicians.  He is wonderful and not that it matters but he is gay!  I love him (as much as you can love an OB/GYN!) haha  I believe his full name is E. Quinn Peepers.
  • Options

I've heard very good reviews of Wayne Breen on the Northshore in Mandeville. It's been a while since I've lived in New Orleans, so I'm not terribly familiar with the doctors in the city. Most of them are quality physicians, from the accounts I've heard from friends in the city.

That said, my first recommendation would be Pam Egan, a Covington Nurse Practitioner who specializes in OB and women's health care. For the sake of full disclosure, she is a relative of mine, so I may be just a tad bit biased.

She only practices on the Northshore though, so if you're not willing to make the trek across the Lake I'm afraid I can't help you. 

Paige E. (Newlywed without a baby --- yet.)
  • Options
    Dr. Perret is great.  I went to grammar and high school with her.  Used to work at Touro pre-Katrina.  Dr. Peepers is great too.  I personally go to Dr. Ryan.  Been going to him long before Becky Perret was a doc and love him otherwise I would go to Dr. Perret.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"