Parenting
Options

What is it about "healthy" cereal...

that cuts my mouth up into shreds like its made of razor blades???!!!  

I got some cereal or other (can't remember the name of it) out of the "natural" section of the cereal aisle and the roof of my mouth & under my tongue are just shredded.  Thinking about it, this happens with almost every healthy-ish cereal we ever try.  But not crap-for-you cereal.  Is there some sort of chemical that makes the flakes and pieces softer somehow?!  I want to eat healthy, but not at the expense of the inside of my mouth, ffs!!!  

Re: What is it about "healthy" cereal...

• Options
    Ha yeah... I looooove the taste of Cracklin' Oat Bran but it seriously scratches up my mouth.  Ditto with the Kashi stuff, and it even happens with Cheerios.  I bet there is some sort of crap that makes the other stuff crunchy but pliant at the same time.
  • Options
    I have that problem with Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Hurts like a mofo.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha!  It freaks me out the way the cinnamon Cheerios turn to mush and dissolve the second they touch my tongue.  I attribute it to all of the sugar.  I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but sometimes the larger pieces are a little unwieldy.
  • Options
    I don't like it, but I know I have friends who say Cap'n Crunch does the same thing.  Maybe you're not eating the right junky cereals?  ;)
    Jenni ~~Alex & Avery ~~ 6/13/06~~Adam ~~3/26/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"