Food Allergy
Options

Feeling WAY better after the 1st day

turns out there is another child in DD"s class with a dairy allergy. The other child's dairy allergy is really severe, so they sent a note home to all of the parents today notifying them if they want to bring birthday treats to 1. either bring something dairy free or 2. notify the staff so they can provide the other LO and DD with a safe alternative.

They also put DD and the other child at the same table at lunch so if they happen to share food it's not a safety issue for either one of them.

imageimage

Re: Feeling WAY better after the 1st day

• Options
    that's awesome!  i mean- not awesome that there are more kids with allergies- but awesome that your daughter will have a diary free buddy.  as for the other parents bringing "safe" snacks- I still wouldn't trust it.  Most of them will probaly think that if it's not ice cream, yogurt or cheese then it's dairy free. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh I agree. I sent a bag of different safe cookie packs to school. They are going to keep them for special occasion days.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that is such great news.  Deep down inside i'm hoping there is another child with food allergies when my son starts school.. just for him to have a buddy that he can feel safe with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"