April 2011 Moms
Options

no poop?

my lo has not pooped since early evening on saturday. shes ebf and eating every 3-4 hours ( on demand)... shes gone  a full 24 hrs before without pooping and then its a few huge  explosions but shes never gone this long without a movement.... shes making a lot of pee diapers but is super fussy.. any tips/ ideas  or do i need to bring her to the pedi? thanks girls
BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: no poop?

• Options
    My LO went through a phase like this too. He went a couple of weeks and only pooped on average one day/week. I talked to the pedi and they said it was ok. It can happen with a baby who is EBF, and as long as he's eating, having wet diapers and doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or in pain, it's normal. They said sometimes during growth spurts they just absorb everything so well so they aren't pooping much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lizzy usually goes 2-3 days between BMs.  Our pedi said it's no big deal - every kid is different and there's usually no harm in it. 

If it would make you feel better, you could call.  But I'd say if you just wait it out it'll be okay!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just got off the phone with our dr's nurse line for this same issue - except our little guy hadn't gone since Thursday afternoon (and he's usually once if not multiple times a day).  They said it's totally normal for EBF babies.  She suggested doing bicycle legs with them, rectal stimulation with the themometer, or 4 oz of diluted prune or apple juice (2 oz of juice, 2 oz of water). 

We had done the bicycle legs and themometer a few times this weekend without any success though...but wouldn't you know that as soon as I called the dr., my daycare gal texted me to say he had a blowout.  So maybe it'll just take a call for yours too!!

• Options
    imagethornyburgs:

I just got off the phone with our dr's nurse line for this same issue - except our little guy hadn't gone since Thursday afternoon (and he's usually once if not multiple times a day).  They said it's totally normal for EBF babies.  She suggested doing bicycle legs with them, rectal stimulation with the themometer, or 4 oz of diluted prune or apple juice (2 oz of juice, 2 oz of water). 

We had done the bicycle legs and themometer a few times this weekend without any success though...but wouldn't you know that as soon as I called the dr., my daycare gal texted me to say he had a blowout.  So maybe it'll just take a call for yours too!!

haha! soooo true... just as i was talking to the nurse this afternoon she had a big blowout! i just love looking like a crazy first time mom ;)  thanks for the advice! 

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    My DS goes about every 2-3 days without pooping.  It changed literally overnight when he was 6 weeks old.  He went from pooping several times a day to longer periods with massive blowouts. :-)  I did call the doctor the first time, and doctor assured me it was typical and normal as long as he didn't seem to be straining when he did have a BM and that his poo wasn't hard.  I would recommend the bicycle movements.  Also my doctor gave me a recommendation for something to be inserted like a suppository, but now I don't remember what it was. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"