February 2011 Moms

swallowing saliva

Delicious subject, huh?  F is constantly coughing on his saliva.  On any given day, he'll cough as if he's choking a half a dozen times.  It's freaking me out.  There have been two occassions he's gotten to the point where his face turns tomato red and we put him on his back to pat/blow.  Does your LO seem to swallow down the wrong pipe and, in turn, "choke" on their saliva?  I hope this passes soon...my nerves cannot take much more of it and it's spazzing me out even more about starting solids next week.  We have a well visit on the 18th and I plan on talking to the pedi about it but I'm wondering if your LO has this same concern.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: swallowing saliva

• DD is doing this more lately because she's drooling in copious amounts - she has one tooth that has been hanging out just beneath the gum line for several weeks and she has been constantly drooling.

It has also taught her that coughing brings attention, so now she coughs for attention too...

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagedee1369:

DD is doing this more lately because she's drooling in copious amounts - she has one tooth that has been hanging out just beneath the gum line for several weeks and she has been constantly drooling.

It has also taught her that coughing brings attention, so now she coughs for attention too...

Yes!  It's just he's been drooling for a forever now and the coughing just started...thanks- I bet you're right!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"