Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Shampoo/Cond for curly haired DD?

Can anyone please recommend a natural shampoo/cond combo for my curly haired girl? I used to use Cali Baby shampoo, but w/ curly hair, DD really needs a good conditioner. She HATES washing her hair, so a 2-in-1 would really be awesome! TIA :)
CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: Shampoo/Cond for curly haired DD?

• Options
    As you can see from my pic, my DD has much shorter hair than yours, but it's all curly ringlets in the back.  I'm sorry to say I've yet to find a 2-in-1 that moisturizes her hair enough (though I'm also not the type to exhaust the market looking for alternatives).  My fave conditioner is Nature's Gate.  It's not marketed as a children's conditioner, but that's what I use on myself and DD and it works great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

In my experience, 2 in 1 products are all very poor at conditioning the hair. 

I've been searching for the holy grail shampoo and conditioner for my curly haired DD, too.  We just switched to "Yes to Baby Carrots" foam shampoo, which washes out really easily and doesn't have any 'cones.  It's pretty good but I'm not 100% convinced.

I'm also really liking Peter Rabbit Organics Spring Garden baby conditioner and detangler.  It does a far better job conditioning than anything else I've tried (Nature's Baby Organics, California Baby, Burt's Bees) but I definitely don't recommend it as a leave on detangler, it made her hair weird.  It feels light and rinses out easily.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • Options
    I use Deva Curl One Condition on my hair and also for my DDs. I never use shampoo on mine, but sometimes use their No Poo mixed in with the OC in my hands for DDs. It's pricey but lasts forever. www.devacurl.com
  • Options

C has very curly hair that is really long for her age (solidly halfway down her back if you stretch out the curls/comb when wet) and we use the Aveeno baby shampoo and comb it out when wet with a wide tooth comb. No conditioner needed thus far.

I did use a clarifying shampoo when we were swimming every day because I didn't feel like the Aveeno was able to get out multiple layers of sunblock/chlorine (since it had been like 5 days since her last shampoo, usually we do it twice/week).  And I just used a sample from some snazzy B&B we stayed at. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"