August 201108.11.11 Boy MiniWheats
08.22.11 Girl Hawaiian Honey
October 2011
10.06.11 - Baby - mrs.winter
10.10.11 - Emily-Victoria - maryNamory
November 2011
11.23.11 - Baby - HulaLove
January 201201.16.12 - Baby - Married2MrWrightFebruary 2012
02.18.12 - Baby - adpilove -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Post updated due dates or gender reports here. 
(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?(5) What's the best advice you've been given?
(6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO?
(7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope?
(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?
TTCers:  
Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

**PIP a picture if you like!!**
cai(o)&cullen+ahk
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ??? 8/6/2011

• HAWAII NESTIE/BUMPIE MAMAS  
    4forluck ? Elaine ? 09.20.07

MauidAims ? Kai ? 02.16.08
    MrsNFB ? Sean Patrick ? 10.11.08

kauai_luv ? Waianuhea ? 04.04.09
    kshiz ? Ella ? 04.04.09
    bigislandhi ? Zoi ? 06.29.09
    Mrs.Ziz ? Bella Kailani ? 07.24.09
    Hawaiian Honey ? Matty ? 08.07.09
    MrsWinter ? Ashton ? 08.14.09
    myday1708 ? Alexa ? 09.09.09
    missaloha ? Ellery ? 09.13.09
    MrsNJSwimmer ? Billy ? 11.09.09
    Trieulam - Kiptyn ? 11.12.09 & precious angel Kylie ? 11.12.09-1.28.10
    MrsPresley ? Miss A ? 11.12.09
    HulaLove ? Elyse ? 12.14.09

Married2MrWright ? Libby ? 01.25.10
    Sanae78 ? Kaya ? 02.11.10
    SirenSong ? Samara ? 02.16.10
    Mauiwedding08 
    ? J ? 02.10
    Jaysgirljulie 
    ? Ryan ? 03.9.10
    LisaKeiko ? Johnny ? 04.19.10
    redshoegirl ? Will & Dash ? 04.21.10
    liubride510 ? Kailani ? 05.08.10
    inamra ? B ? 05.10
    rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
    supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
    parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
    lelekay
     ? Henry ? 07.22.10
    MrsIH ? J ? 08.28.10 
    Vanilla15 ? Adair ? 09.10  
    ECUPirate04 ? Lauren ? 09.29.10 
    mrsnickandnora Blake ? 10.07.10(?)
    eacerna
     ? Eleiana ? 11.03.10
    SanHawaii08 ? E ? 11.09.10
    annasan_k Zo? ? 12.17.10Oceangirl22 ? Kenley ? 01.05.11
    johndrea - Everleigh - 01.12.11
    kinibruin ? D ? 
    MrsZiz ? G ? 03.11
    MauiBride2008 ? R ? 04.02.11
    HappyGoLuckyGal - M - 04.13.2011
    stargirl76  - A - 07.25.2011

HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES 
    August 201108.11.11 Boy MiniWheats
    08.22.11 Girl Hawaiian Honey
    October 2011
    10.06.11 - Baby - mrs.winter
    10.10.11 - Emily-Victoria - maryNamory
    November 2011
    11.23.11 - Baby - HulaLove
    January 201201.16.12 - Baby - Married2MrWrightFebruary 2012
    02.18.12 - Baby - adpilove -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
    Post updated due dates or gender reports here. 
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  12.5 months
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  We're good.  He was just shy of 27 pounds and 32 inches at his 1-year appt. earlier this week.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  nada
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  He's been fussy since his shots on Monday.  He's had a low-grade fever all week.  I know it's to be expected, but if it continues on Monday I may call his doctor.
    (5) What's the best advice you've been given?  You know best what your baby needs.  Follow his cues and your instincts.
    (6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO?  We mostly call him Ba-boo.  But he is also Monkey-moo, HenBen, and Henery Benery.  MH calls him Booger.
    (7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope? I wouldn't say PPD, but definitely some baby blues.  I had some serious depression over failing at breastfeeding, which simply eased with time (though it still hurts sometimes).  Really the only thing I did to cope was stick it all out and talk with MH about it a lot.  STTN (real STTN, not the clinical definition) helped a lot.  I remember MH saying to me at around 6 months, "things are a lot better now, aren't they?  6 months of the worst, huh?  We could do this again!"  Up until that point I could not, for the life of me, see having another.  Ever.  After that point I could.  Now I think about it all the time!  Stick out tongue

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 15.5 months
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? I think they're getting their central incisors. A few months early, but that's how they roll with teething. Personally, I just can't wait until it's all over so I can dress them without bibs (they drool so much and so constantly due to teething that the only time they don't wear plastic backed bibs is when I whip them off for 5 min to take pics). As for me...I've been a SAHM for about 1.5 weeks now. It's been quite a mental adjustment! And has also made taking care of the boys alone a LOT easier (not to mention that I feel like I actually get to enjoy them vs just dressing, bathing and feeding them as quickly as possible to leave in the morning or go to bed at night). 
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? End of the month to get theirs ears checked. We haven't had ear infections in a while, but we have the appointment so we might as well go, eh?
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Leaving the boys overnight at their grandparents while I went to our new town for one night. They'd never spent the night anywhere but home, and I was a bit worried that they'd have a rough time (which apparently they did - not a lot of sleep in that house that night Sad). But out of all the places, their grandparents' home was probably the best for a first night away considering they're already used to being there during the day!
    (5) What's the best advice you've been given? I think that in general, doing what works for your family (since it's often not the same person to person, baby to baby, or family to family). More specifically and personally, something Tina told me when I was going through BFing dramas and sobbing because I was going to give up and FF: in the long run, most of these things that are so major at the time don't really matter - when my dudes graduate from college in 20 years, they're not going to get up on the podium and say, "Thanks Mom! Too bad I wasn't BF'd!" LOL! It helped me to put things in perspective, and it's something I keep in mind with milestones. For example, my guys didn't crawl until 9 months...and I reminded myself that they weren't going to go to college rolling around. They didn't walk until 13 months, and I told myself they weren't going to go to college crawling, so a month's delay past the average didn't really matter. Etc. It's silly, but it helps me keep a even keel in the crazy competitive world of mommy-hood!
    (6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO? We call them our Pirates, and sometimes our little sparrows. Individually, they're Dashy-Doo (from a made up song I sing to him) and Sweet Will (no idea where we got this!). 
    (7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope? Not really. I had twinshock. Stick out tongue (Seriously, it's a real thing. Google it.) You know how you get those OMFGwhatdidwedoweruinedourlives!?!?!? feelings of being overwhelmed? It's like that, but way worse. There were probably some baby blues mixed in there - I definitely had some hormonal swings - but I couldn't separate them from the twinshock to rate them. How long it lasted...hmm. A while. It got better after I stopped breastfeeding (6.5 weeks) and things really started picking up around 8 weeks. By about 3 months things were waaaaaaaay better!
    **PIP a picture if you like!!**
    LOL this one isn't great, but we have so few where I'm in the shot - usually I'm behind the camera!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelelekay:
    Really the only thing I did to cope was stick it all out and talk with MH about it a lot.  STTN (real STTN, not the clinical definition) helped a lot.  I remember MH saying to me at around 6 months, "things are a lot better now, aren't they?  6 months of the worst, huh?  We could do this again!"  Up until that point I could not, for the life of me, see having another.  Ever.  After that point I could.  Now I think about it all the time!  Stick out tongue

Ha! Totally right about "real" STTN vs the clinical definition - my guys started "really" STTN at around 3 months and OMFG it helped! 

Only we're still not having more kids. Ever. Wink

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 17.5 months
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? we too J to the ocean for the first time this weekend.  he loved it.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? 18mo appt in a few weeks.  I should probably schedule the appt!! 
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? J handles change pretty well, but this is the first week we will be trying to get him to sleep in his toddler bed.  For his own safety he can't sleep in a crib since he can climb out.  his first night he went to sleep ok - but on the FLOOR rather than the bed.
    (5) What's the best advice you've been given? not sure.  Just to follow J's lead and go with our instincts.
    (6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO? nope, DH calls him Baby Boy but other than that we just use his name.  He has started to call himself his name.  It's too cute!
    (7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope? not really, just sleep deprived grumps towards DH or my mom. 
    (8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?eta: pic (xp on FB) first night to sleep in toddler bed = new definition of floor bed :)  notice he took his pillow, bear, and blanket to re-settle himself on his frog baby mat.image
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? almost 21 months. And everytime I feel like I'm getting the hang of it, something changes.  Probably true for the rest of our lives, huh?

(2) Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  I don't know if it's a milestone, per se, but he recognizes himself in the mirror and hugs the mirror! It's so cute.  He's also so much better at interacting with the other kids at gym class - so sad this was our last week.  On another good note, he only took about 2-3 hours to warmup to my parents, who he hasn't seen in about 6 months due to logistics.  Hoping it goes the same with MH's parents next weekend.

(3) Next appointment date?  2 yr checkup

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  tantrums.  Mostly distraction works, but he's getting better about remember what he wanted!

(5) What's the best advice you've been given?  do what works best for your family

(6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO? we call him all sorts of things other than his name - Little Guy, Buddy, Kiddo, in fact, we never really called him by him name the first couple months and my mom pointed out that might confuse him if we want him to respond to his name LOL

(7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope?  oh heck yes.  3 weeks of it really bad.  then I went to my dr (i was on meds before the pregnancy, so it was followed pretty closely), and she upped them for me temporarily and kept me on a short leash, lol  It's no joke if you have it - it's really weird.   Afriend of mine didn't have hers though until her son was about 9 months - then it kicked in - I had no idea it could kick in that late, but it can. 

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 9 months tomorrow, where did the time go?!
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? feeling okay.  E's sleep has really started to get so much more predictable in the last 2 weeks, i'm super happy about that, though his second nap is still short.  and of course, he was up for the day at 4:30 this morning, even though that's a full hour less sleep than he normally gets Stick out tongue  i think i'm just coming to accept it (that this is as predictable as it will get, and he's just not a great napper).  his first top tooth also *finally* poked through on saturday. 
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? wed for 9 mo 
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  i gave E a cracker for the first time yesterday (not a baby cracker - he can't have any of them b/c they all have soy).  he choked.  like, turned gagged, choked, turned reddish purple, heaved, vomited.  i was completely traumatized the rest of the day.  bad judgment on my part.  he's also been super whine-y and fussy and screams a lot whenever he doesn't get his way - this has been going on for a few weeks, and i'm hoping it will be a little better now that his tooth is through.
    (5) What's the best advice you've been given? it took me a while to actually be able to do this, but - go with your instincts.  (except when you want to give your kid a cracker that is really hard and doesn't dissolve easily when wet! Stick out tongue)
    (6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO? nope, mostly just call him by his name.  sometimes monkey, sweetheart, and lots of random stuff we make up but doesn't stick.
    (7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope? not sure, maybe a touch of the baby blues.  i pretty much cried every day the first few weeks, mostly due to bf'ing.  i don't think things really got better for me until after 12 weeks - by then, bf'ing was better, but it might have just been normal sleep-deprivation and hormones still out of whack.  i didn't do anything specific to cope, just kept telling myself that we knew it would be hard, and things would get better. 
  • imageMauiWedding08:
    eta: pic (xp on FB) first night to sleep in toddler bed = new definition of floor bed :)  notice he took his pillow, bear, and blanket to re-settle himself on his frog baby mat.image

saw this - that's a priceless pic and will be a great story for him when he grows up! :)

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  We hit 4 months on the 2nd!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  I feel like a cluster f#*k right now!  Between no sleep, staying at home all day with DS, living with my SIL still until we move into our new place, getting endless house quotes for shutters, paint, etc....I'm exhausted!  Luckily, MH is taking me out to a much anticipated dinner alone for our anniversary.  First night away, just us two since before DS was born.

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  We just went to his new pedi for his 4 month appointment.  She seems to think he has a bit a reflux and has now put him on Zantac which seems to be helping tremendously.  I feel he is much more calm and just all around a happier baby this week since he has been on it. 

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  Because of the reflux, he would only eat about 3-5 oz in a sitting and you had to force him to eat.  So she said he is low in his weight (13 lbs 3 oz) and had to start rice cereal this week :(  I wanted to skip cereal and move straight to solids at 6 months, but it doesn't look like I will be able to.  I hate feeding him rice because there is just no nutritional value to it and makes me feel guilty about giving it to him :(  I just have to keep thinking it is good for him and will put all that cute chunkiness on him that I love so much!

(6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO?  Rawl dog, buster brown, Mr. Boy, Rawl.  MH likes to call him stud muffin ;)

(7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope?  I felt like I had baby blues for a little while, but I think it's because I have been so sleep deprived and R has been super fussy.  I still feel like I get it because of his fussiness and lack of sleep (now he likes to get up again 2-3x/night).  I know it will pass...I just have to keep thinking that.  Unfortunately, I was not blessed with a calm and sleepy baby.

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?  Solids.  When did you start introducing them and how did you integrate the solids with his normal bottle feed or nursing time?

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • imageMauiBride2008:

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  Because of the reflux, he would only eat about 3-5 oz in a sitting and you had to force him to eat.  So she said he is low in his weight (13 lbs 3 oz) and had to start rice cereal this week :(  I wanted to skip cereal and move straight to solids at 6 months, but it doesn't look like I will be able to.  I hate feeding him rice because there is just no nutritional value to it and makes me feel guilty about giving it to him :(  I just have to keep thinking it is good for him and will put all that cute chunkiness on him that I love so much!

Our pedi told us to give him rice cereal in his bottles to help with the reflux, so maybe supplementing with rice cereal is doing the same thing?  Not sure, just a thought. 

• imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    imageMauiBride2008:

Our pedi told us to give him rice cereal in his bottles to help with the reflux, so maybe supplementing with rice cereal is doing the same thing?  Not sure, just a thought. 

That's what I thought too.  I asked if I should give it to him in his bottle and she said to just start feeding it to him with a spoon??  Maybe since he is supposed to be starting solids??  I'm not really a fan of this new pedi :(  I feel like I was left with unanswered questions regarding starting solids.  Ugh! 

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

Libby is 18.5 months old and I am 17 weeks pregnant. 

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

Feeling tired and emotionally drained. See number #4 below.

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

OB appt. tomorrow. Hopefully she'll be able to to determine the baby's gender during my u/s. If not, I should know soon, at my 20 week u/s with the perinatologist.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

See my post about Libby weaning. We were visiting friends in SoCal over the weekend and first part of this week and my milk has dried up which led to many sleepless nights and Libby screaming. She's teething so I am sure that something to do with it as well. From Friday-Wednesday she literally woke up screaming around 12-1 a.m. and stayed awake until 6 a.m. I got little sleep as well, which is extra rough when you're PG. Anyway, last night we got home around 5 p.m. and went to bed at 8 p.m. I slept until 6 a.m. and got up for work. She slept until 9 a.m. without a peep. THANK GOODNESS!

Libby also seems to have some bad separation anxiety lately. I literally cannot leave the room without her crying/fussing. It was so bad last week I just took her to the bathroom with me whenever I had to go...including on the AIRPLANE! Talk about challenging!

(5) What's the best advice you've been given?

Trust your instincts, always.

(6) Do you have a special nickname for your LO?

Libby is her nickname, but we also call her  Libby Jo, Bean-Bean, Busy Bee, and Honey Bee.

(7) Did you have the baby blues or PPD? How long did it last? How did you cope?

I had some crying jags the first couple of weeks, but mainly tears of joy, actually. It usually happened when I was nursing her. Could have been hormonal, lack of sleep, new life changes or all! I just let it flow and tried not to fight it.

TTCers:  
    Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"