Multiples
Options

Who was dilated to 4 cm or more (not in active labor) and....

how long did you stay that way?

I'm 35 weeks, 4 cm, 70% effaced and babies are measuring 5lb12oz and 5lb11oz. 

Just wondering if I should start packing a hospital bag (I guess I should do this in any case) or if it could be weeks still based on your experiences. 

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who was dilated to 4 cm or more (not in active labor) and....

• Options
    My OB induced me the day after she found out I was at 4 cm. I was having iirregular contrax though. I think I could have gone at least another day or two but who knows. Definitely get those bags packed!!
  • Options
    I don't know how long I would have stayed.  When I went to the Dr the morning I was induced I was 2-3cm, and by the time I got to the hospital I was 3-4cm.  They gave me pit shortly after that, so who knows, I could have gone into labor on my own that same day...
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was about 4cm at my appointment at 36w4d. I also think I could have gone longer, but I delivered that day b/c my BP was rising and I was starting to spill proteins. But, I felt pretty good and wasn't having any contractions.
  • Options

Yup that was me! Dr. took the cervical stitch out at 35 weeks, dilated to 4 cm and walked around like that for a week! my babies were born at 36weeks 2days, they were 6,12 and 5,15!

Good luck, I would start packing :)

Born at 36 Weeks, 2 Days

Luke 6.12 lbs, Alexandra 5.15 lbs.

April 5th, 2007-Isabella and Robert. We miss you. Born at 22 weeks, 2 days.

• Options
    Not with the twins (they are still inside babies haha) but with my first I was 3/4cm at 35weeks and made it to 39 weeks when I was induced but that was with a singleton so I doubt you can really compare!  GL sweetie and start packing! =)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options

At my 35 week appt I was 4cm and 90% effaced. I made it to my scheduled csection at 37 weeks 4 days. Never felt a contraction.

I was very active up until the day I delivered walking,shopping etc.

DH and I thought for sure I was having the twins within days of finding out I was 4 cm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

With my 2nd set of twins, I was 4cm dilated at 36 weeks.  I made it to my induction at 37 weeks 3 days. 

• Options
    Haven't had my twins yet but with one of my daughters I was 4cm at my 39 week appt. and had her 2 days later.  With my other daughter I was 5cm at my 40 week 2 day appt. and had her later that afternoon.  I'd say you need to get packing!  Blessings to you and your family!!
    Kristi DS 12/05 DD 6/07 DD 3/09 DS 9/11 DS 9/11
  • Options
    I was dilated to 5cm at 34 weeks and admitted to the hospital with regular contractions every 2-3 minutes.  This continued for 3 weeks (I was on hosptial bedrest) with contractions every 2-3 minutes for hours at a time, but they never changed my cervix.  All of the doctors and nurses expected me to go into full labor at any minute, but I never did.  They ended up inducing me at 37 weeks. 
    Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
  • Options
    WOW! I expected a range of answers but you ladies realllly provided a huge variety of answers! Thank you for all the responses. I'm packing my bag today and then hoping I go into labor naturally whenever these babies would like to come.
  • Options
    I was 4 cm at my 34 week appointment, and had a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks. Go figure!
  • Options
    I went into PTL at 33 weeks- they were able to stop it, but I was 4 cm dialated from then till I was induced at 38w2d
    MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Options

At 36wks 2days, I was 4cm dilated at a regular appt, with no active labor and my OB sent me directly to L&D.  I had a csection 8 hours later - I didn't have a single contraction while on the monitors, but OB said the last woman she sent home in my condition had her baby on the living room floor. A week earlier, the babies 'measured' 4lbs11oz and 5lbs, but were born 4lbs6oz and 5lbs4oz

Don't want to freak you out, but at 35wks, you should have your bags packed anyway!  And bring them with you to any scheduled OB appts - mine were still at home, because I had no idea I'd be having my babies that day.

Good luck keeping them on board and cooking!

IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • Options
    My doctor doesn't do internals so I was 4cm when I had my induction, due to pre-e, but I have no clue how long I was 4cm for. I didn't feel a thing.
  • Options

I was 3cm dilatated and >50% effaced from about 32 weeks on.  I had been on bedrest for PTL since 28 weeks.  Once the PTL was stopped, I was ~1cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I was having lots of contractions (mainly braxton hicks).  I ended up having to be induced at 37.5 weeks (after having been off bedrest for 3.5 weeks with STILL no active labor).

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

at 35 weeks, I was 100% effaced and 2 cm. I stay that way until 37 weeks....and in those short 2 weeks was at triage THREE times because I was contracting 24 hours a day, ugh!

At 37 weeks and my last visit to triage, I measured 5cm (or maybe OB said that to put me out of my misery because 24 hours earlier at my OB appt, I was still 2 cm LOL) and they took me to OR for c/s :-)

Boys weight 6lb12oz and 5lb 11oz.

so yes...I would start packing :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"