Kentucky Babies
Options

Louisville Daycare

Hi All!

My husband and I are pregnant with our first child, and I'm trying to find recommendations of local daycare centers near the St. Matthews and/or Lyndon area (of Louisville). Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences they are willing to share? How is pricing of daycare in this area?

Thank you for your help!
Lauren
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Louisville Daycare

• Options
    I'm on the other end of Louisville, but I used to work at Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne.  The only place over there I'm familiar with is KinderCare on Shelbyville Rd across from the Mazda dealer.  I think they are pretty pricy though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were impressed with Sproutlings on Frankfort and plan to go back for a tour once they open next week. I think it was $225 per week for up to 10 hrs per day. This was in the non-medical care section. I think it would be great for the LO to grow up around medically delicate & different children - more compasionate later in life :-) NOT impressed with the daycare on Washburn Avenue (I forgot the name) My 4-year old cousin goes there and I've picked her up a few times. Place seems dark & dirty. Toys look old and they didn't even ask for ID when I picked her up. The door wasn't locked or anything. Anyone could have walked in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, I live in Lyndon/St. Matthews area and am expecting our first in February. Would you be interested in meeting for coffee/tea/what ever we can drink? Send me a message if so...just trying to meet other new moms.
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  Our little guy just turned one yesterday.  We also live in St. Matthews/Lyndon and he goes to St. Matthews Child Development Center on Breckenridge Lane.  The infant room is a carriage house in the back.  Putting him in daycare was really hard at first and no matter where you choose, all new mommies will likely find something they don't like.  Just talk to the teachers and the director and make sure they know your concerns.  The infant room there is $180 a week.  He's really happy now and they seem to give him lots of TLC. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My friend is a nurse and works in the medically delicate side of sproutlings.  It sounds awesome and I think it would give me peace of mind to know that there are nurses on staff.  I think it is great for children to be exposed to those with differences early on in life so that they can appreciate others who aren't exactly like themselves.

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"