Kansas Babies
Options

Wichita Area - Need help

Hi Everyone,

We may be moving to the Wichita area and I am at a loss for what areas to look for housing. We would be looking for a nice 3 or 4 bedroom house in an area that is kid friendly. Looks like Park City/ Bel Aire area (ish). Any help in steering me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wichita Area - Need help

• Options
    Valley Center is in that general vicinity too and it's a nice town. I'm on the other side of Wichita so I'm a lot more familiar with towns that are south and west of Wichita area. Good luck and welcome to the area!
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options

I agree, Valley Center is a good area.  It's not far from Park City or Bel Aire.  It has a grocery store and from what I hear the schools are good.  (I know of someone who has a 1st grader and at least in his class each child has a laptop at their desk and his school has multiple paras in the K-1st grade classes.) 

I'm not sure what the utility rates in Valley Center are, but I know that water in Bel Aire is very expensive.  I belive all or most of both Bel Aire and Park City are in the Wichita school district - Heights High School and all it's feeder schools.

You'll find mostly higher priced houses in Bel Aire.  Park City seemed a little below average in prices when we were looking 5 years ago.  And Valley Center, I thought had the most diverse price ranges for the north Wichita area. 

Good luck in your search.  Let me know if there's more you'ld like to know.  I have friends that live in both Bel Aire and Valley Center.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"