Postpartum Depression

Question about PPD

I don't know how to tell if it's PPD or simply hormones. I get EXTREMELY down, but not all the time. LO is 10 weeks old and I'd say it happens once a week or so where I feel like I just can't do it but know I have to and have no choice. DH has been a lot of help but sometimes I completely snap on him, leave LO with him and sit at the park for 2-3 hours doing nothing.

Would baby blues last this long? Would it be hormones because I'm not always really down? Or could it be mild PPD? If it is I really want to fix it because I hate getting like that.

TIA! 

BabyName Ticker

Re: Question about PPD

• at this point and being that it's making you snap and leave, I'd call the doctor. It's truly a disheartening feeling to admit you might have PPD but it's SO much better to call and get evaluated and possibly get on meds than to continue feeling this way. Believe me. I waited till my daughter was almost 6 months old and I kick myself every day for it. I feel like I deprived her of the mom she truly deserved because I was too scared to admit something was off, so don't hesitate to call and just see where you stand. ((hugs))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCeltiCutie:

at this point and being that it's making you snap and leave, I'd call the doctor. It's truly a disheartening feeling to admit you might have PPD but it's SO much better to call and get evaluated and possibly get on meds than to continue feeling this way. Believe me. I waited till my daughter was almost 6 months old and I kick myself every day for it. I feel like I deprived her of the mom she truly deserved because I was too scared to admit something was off, so don't hesitate to call and just see where you stand. ((hugs))

This.  It took me 3 months to figure out that something wasn't quite right.  Baby blues wouldn't last that long.  If it's happening regularly (every week), making you "snap and feel like you can't do it" and putting you in a position where you feel as though you can't take care of your baby, you should at least get evaluated.  I started my meds today, and while I admit that it was difficult to admit that I needed help, I feel so much better knowing that I sought it.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"