Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Do you always buy organic milk?

I've noticed that the milk which stays fresh the longest is always the higher end brands. Do you always buy organic milk? I've had to by virtue of not being wasteful!

Re: Do you always buy organic milk?

• Options
    we noticed the same thing when we switched. we buy organic valley lactose free and LOVE it. it really does seem to last forever.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    We buy raw once a week, every week.  The cow is milked the day we pick up and it only lasts for 7-10 days before it starts smelling foul.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes. ALWAYS. I cannot tell you the last time I bought any regular milk... I have never liked the taste and now that I found organic and love it I am loyal. LOL 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Always. In glass. Unhomogenized. [aka "Cream Top"]
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • Options

image+adamwife+:
    We buy raw once a week, every week.  The cow is milked the day we pick up and it only lasts for 7-10 days before it starts smelling foul.

Same here. But damn if it doesn't taste better. :)

• Options
    I do (unless there are special circumstances like being out of town and needing much smaller quantities than I can find in an organic option). However, I make a very strong effort to buy regular pasteurized (as opposed to ultra-pasteurized) for DS because it retains more of its nutritional value. I don't care as much for DH's cereal, so I'll go for ultra-p in a pinch for him/us. The ones that last the longest are ultra-p. Trader Joe's sells regular-p milk, and the Horizon milk in the gallon jugs is usually regular-p, but the half-gallons of theirs and almost all other organic brands I've seen are ultra-p.
  • Options

imagelilibet:
    Trader Joe's sells regular-p milk, and the Horizon milk in the gallon jugs is usually regular-p, but the half-gallons of theirs and almost all other organic brands I've seen are ultra-p.

I think Whole Foods has a couple of brands that have non homogenized and regular P organic milks.  Maybe it's more local, but ours in So FL had a couple of grass fed, organic, non-hom, reg P, cream top milks.  I totally miss that here in Mexico!  If I could find a reputable person who had grass-fed/organic cows here, I'd TOTALLY go that route, but at least I've been able to find organic milk here!  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"