Pre-School and Daycare

Child-Care Troubles...

Two times in a row now I have not been able to work out bc Raegan (my 21 month old) was in the child care room "crying uncontrollably". Any recommendations on what I can do to make her feel more comfortable being left there?!?

Re: Child-Care Troubles...

• Keep going.  Be consistent.  He will get used to it.  I work in the childcare room at a gym.  Two times isn't very much time to get used to the new surroundings.  It might take several times.  Just go in knowing that you might not get to work out for very long and communicate with the workers in the room about what you're trying to do.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I brought DD every day for a week when we started our new gym. I communicated with the women in the child care room that I was trying to get DD used to being there. The first time I only left her for 15 min, the second 20, then 25, by the fourth day she ran off to play before I could sign her in and I was able to get a full work out in. Don't be upset if it takes your child a little longer though. When we were just getting DD acclimated I would just get a quick walk on the treadmil near the child care room. The women knew where I was just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD1 was about her age when we joined a gym. I would go back in the toddler area with her and try to get her engaged with a toy. Often one of the workers would come over and get on her level and talk to her. I'd try to leave after a few minutes. Eventually I didn't even have to go back there. It's very common separation anxiety but frustrating when you want to work put for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"