Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Is there a bug spray or alternative you'd recommend?

We are going camping next weekend. I'm not sure what to get to protect DD from bug bites. Is there a safe bug spray or an alternative method that works??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is there a bug spray or alternative you'd recommend?

• Options
    I always just like to put on some double layers (single layers sometimes don't add enough depth to keep skeeter bites out)...a loose hoodie or coat, some jeans, socks and shoes. Usually with the hood up, you're able to sense any bugs by the face, or just apply a little bug repellent around the edges. (california baby bug is very safe)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use light layers and CA baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have just recently tried Bubble & bee organic, bug bee gone. And LOVE it, it works the best out of any of the 'natual' bug sprays we have tried. It is a soy oil base with essential oils, and works like a charm! 
    I Could never fully understand the statement "they grow so fast" untill you came into my life! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on  Pinterest
  • Options
    We had really good results with CA Baby. Ryan only had 2 bites, DH and I used Deep Woods Off and were covered in bites.
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We use the JASON Quit Buggin' me with great success! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We have used CA Baby.  There's another site that I've just found recently that I LOVE that has all sorts of natural soaps, lotions, shampoo bars, etc and they have a Bug-be-ware (or something like that) lotion that I think is similar to CA Baby as far as ingredients go.  I have no affiliation with the company, just love their stuff - www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com

Good luck with the camping and bugs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love burt's bees, it's an oil that you rub on, I would reapply every 2 hours and be bug free. Now it is on the long list of things I have been allergic to in my 2nd trimester, I believe my sensitivity is specifically to the geranium oil in it, but for years it worked great, and hopefully I'll be able to use it again.

Have fun camping

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Badger makes a great one! it's USDA organic and worked really really well for us in the woods of maine :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"