August 2011 Moms
Options

Membrane Sweep and Sex?

Hey, all...

So I'm having the membrane sweep or strip or whatever it's called on Thursday.  Induction will be scheduled for Monday or Tuesday.  My question: will I want to or be able to have sex over the weekend?  I know that the "sweep" can range from uncomfortable to painful, but does the pain continue AFTER (as in, am I sore for an hour or a day or?)... Just wondering from the BTDT people.  Thanks! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: Membrane Sweep and Sex?

• Options
    Had my membranes stripped last week and I kid you not when I say I didn't even get cramps from it. It was a tad uncomfortable during, but after was fine. Sex it up missy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's odd that you are having your membranes swept and then an induction. I thought that having your membranes being swept was an almost 100% guarantee of labour within 48 hours. I could be wrong - I'm not a MW for a Dr. but that is what I have been told by my MW. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemissjilly1025:
    It's odd that you are having your membranes swept and then an induction. I thought that having your membranes being swept was an almost 100% guarantee of labour within 48 hours. I could be wrong - I'm not a MW for a Dr. but that is what I have been told by my MW. 

Eh...I'm still pregnant. And this was last Wednesday that I had them stripped.

• Options
    I've had my membranes swept twice now.  It's uncomfortable while it happens and it may lead to some cramping, but mine always fades away within an hour or so.  If it doesn't lead to labor it may help you soften/dialate more before your induction.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, I've heard that it can work or not work.  It worked for my SIL within a few hours, and I've seen people on here who said it did nothing. 

If it doesn't work, we want to sex it up over the weekend.  They want to induce me if it doesn't work because I have GD. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    imagesptaylor91:

imagemissjilly1025:

Damn it - I was so hoping that tomorrow when I see my MW that she would do mine and I would have my little guy by the weekend - reality sucks!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemissjilly1025:
    imagesptaylor91:

imagemissjilly1025:

Damn it - I was so hoping that tomorrow when I see my MW that she would do mine and I would have my little guy by the weekend - reality sucks!  

LOL yup, I was in such a great mood after my appt, I was like..I'm gonna have contractions and a baby tonight...and here we are :) 

• Options

imagemissjilly1025:

Not even close to a 100% guarantee. I had 2 with my previous DD and was still induced at 41 weeks.

• Options

imagemissjilly1025:

I had my membranes swept last Tuesday and this morning. I'm still pregnant. It doesn't guarantee anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still here, still pregnant one week after membranes swept rather aggressively so... yeah, not so much a guarantee. As for sex, i was crampy for two days but afterwards was just fine. I think it depends on how your body reacts. 
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I've never had my membranes stripped, but usually as long as your OB hasn't restricted sexual activity, and your amniotic sac isn't broken--sex is fine.
  • Options
    I had my membranes striped yesterday and had sex this afternoon~felt the same as it did any other time!  Only disclaimer~I had a ton of extra discharge/mucous and some spotting.  As long as you and your partner are okay with that~go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"