April 2011 Moms
Options

What is your baby's personality like?

I know that at 4 months, most people without children assume that they are just blobs with no personality....I used to! But now that E is here, I can't help but notice every little tiny thing that makes her who she is.

A lot of people talk about milestones, when they sit up, roll, crawl...I think who they are is more important. 

What is your baby's personality like? Is it different from your other children?

Elodie is incredibly opinionated. The minute she does not like something she scrunches her nose and lets out an absolutely fake, shrill screech/cry. She talks all the time, and has been chattering at you and talking with her eyebrows and facial expressions.

She loves to be outside and loves music, especially when you sing to her. Her favorite song is "A Dream is a Wish" and by the end (she never breaks eye contact, just looks into my eyes, smiling) she lets out a huge sigh and grins.  She loves to sing back to you. She turns her mouth into a little round circle and lets out a beautiful "oooooo" and holds it like a music note. She definitely did not learn that from her tone-deaf Mama.

She hates change, but loves new things once she realizes it's not so bad. She is super feisty, but sweet, cuddly, and kind-hearted by nature. She laughs with her whole belly.

I can not wait to watch her grow and see how these parts of her personality come together and make her who she is. 

What about you guys?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What is your baby's personality like?

• Options

Els looks exactly like me, but she has her Daddy's manorisms and personality. She loves water or all kinds, the ocean, bay, pools, the bathtub. She loathes being hot though and will be all pissy until she's somewhere cool. When she gets hungry she wants to eat right now and doesn't not enjoy waiting.

She wants to see everything.  If you hold her against you with her back facing out she will fuss and squirm until you turn her around so that she can see.  I love her look of contemplation when she's trying to figure something out.  She get's so serious.

• Options

Olivia is a very, very happy baby, everyone who sees her tells us this.  Always has a smile for you.  She only fusses when she is hungry or tired.  I have only seen her cry real tears three times.  One for just crying because I didn't pick her up fast enough, the other I caught her leg on her high chair, the last was one of my other DDs scrapped her leg on the edge of the counter.

She loves to talk and she talks loudly.  She talks back to you when you talk.  She loves to be sung too.  I have a special little song I sing just to her and she lights up as soon as I sing it.  It's like she knows it's her special little song.

She loves to cuddle, when daddy comes home she lays her head on his chest and puts her arms around him (well as far as they will go) and looks at me and smiles.  It's as though she is telling me I love my daddy so much I am happy he is home.  That and she is a daddies girl. 

Since I have two older DDs I do compare them a bit.  This AM at story time I told Ellie that I think Olivia is going to be like their big sister and want to sit right up front and not like you who would only stay on my lap.  I see them both in Olivia and it melts my heart. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

McKenna is such a happy baby!  She has this look now that is hilarious!  She will do it about 22 times a day go from laughing to this serious wide eye look with her whole head!  She cracks me up!

She loves her mommy and everyday after work she lights up and smiles and can't wait to get to me!  It is such a great feeling!  She is not patient(as I think all breastfed babies are not!)  IF there is something she does not like she will let us all know.  Before bed she moans every night.  I believe this is her self soothing and it is so great!

Love her!  Never knew how much a little person could change you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Giselle is a chatter box.  She can talk all day long. I think she gets the gift of gab from me.  She is friendly and will let anyone hold her, she really doesn't have much of a preference.  She likes being snuggled close.

She is a nosy girl & likes to see the world around her.  She doesn't like laying down all the time.  When she doesn't like something she will yell, she has no problem letting you know she is protesting.

I can tell she definitely is a daddy's girl, she smiles more for her dad than she does for me.  But if she hears my voice & I am not holding her, she is looking for me.

Overall, I have a happy & inquisitive baby.

• Options
    It is so beautiful to see their little personalities emerge!...I'm hoping to encourage my LO in who they are and less of what they do.  My LO is so happy and smiley and very talkative in small groups...once she is around a lot of people she is quiet and very observant. (kind of like her mama)  She loves the water- baths, and the lake too.  She just might be a water lover like me :)  It is fun to see their little persons emerge each day!  I can't wait to see what she will be like in the future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    David is a loud-mouthed, smart aleck little sh*t... just like his mama. And he is happy about it.  And so am I.  ;-)
  • Options

Dylan is a very happy baby. He's always so relaxed and just sits there and takes the world in.  Everyone that sees him says he's a happy baby.  At first he just gives you this blank stare, like "who the hell are you?" type of look. Then after about 5-10 seconds of determining if he likes you or not, you get a big gummy smile. 

The only time he gets fussy is when i put him on the boppy and I can't whip it out in .1 seconds.  He's impatient just like his father!

He hates laying on his back and hates sitting in your lap with his back against your chest (unless you're standing).  So we are constantly "standing" him on our laps or turning him towards us to talk to him.  He LOVEs to watch your lips move.

He's pretty much amazing :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Audrey is a little drama queen and she knows she has us wrapped around her little finger. She is very stubborn and won't do something if she doesn't feel like it (like roll over.. she can do it.. she just chooses not to. She would rather fuss and cry until one of us picks her up). She's a little smart ass.. I told her today that she was driving me crazy because she was taking so long to eat and she laughed at me. She's also very sweet and quick to smile at people when they talk to her.. especially if they happen to be male. She has a pout that melts your heart and I have a feeling it's going to get her out of a lot of trouble lol!

All in all, if this continues into teenage hood.. we're going to have our hands full! 

• Options

to describe Hadens personality best, i would call it "Quietly Independent"...he's very mellow, easily entertained.  Smiles and coos...hardly cries.  Just like his Mama

things that he loves now:  the Vulcan death grip, my hair to dangle on him, two fist full of my hair as i carry him around like i am his horse, punching, kicking, standing, humming, and just plain ol' laying on the floor.

• Options

Alert, alert, alert, always taking everything in. Seriously, his eyes are like O_O 98% of his awake time and everyone always comments on it. He loves smiling at everyone, which of course makes him pretty charming to strangers. He's pretty easygoing, like he loves being held and walked around, but he'll let us put him down to play on his activity mat because he's also really into rolling and wiggling all around. He likes singing and musical activity, but he has no tolerance for reading. It's pretty funny because before he was born, I decided to do all the musical stuff and DH decided to do all the reading stuff so we'd both have a special "thing" and now DH complains about that. :)

He really only cries when he's tired, hungry, or has a dirty diaper so he's easy to make happy, but when he starts crying, he wants things attended to IMMEDIATELY or the crying will escalate in .02 seconds. Seriously, I've had to learn how to time when he's going to get hungry or tired because he doesn't cue until AFTER he's already halfway to wailing. He's Baby Cry and Root or Baby Cry and Yawn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LilyBug is a happy baby.  You don't have to say a word to her & she will break into the biggest grin.  She is always smiling.  She usually wakes up that way.  She also laughs hysterically when you lift her a little over your face.  It's totally hilarious to her.  I love that she's a cuddle bunny.  She likes to be cuddled & will stay there until you move her.  And when you do, she whines to let you know that she is comfy & is not ready to move yet. 

She is impatient.  I will say she got that honest, both of us are impatient.  When she wants something, she wants it at that exact moment.  No time for playing around, give her what she is asking for, lol.  She will tighten her body, making her legs go straight/tight, pout her lips & let out this cry that hurts your feelings.  I'm not a fan, so I do try not to make her wait. 

I've noticed that she is very observant.  She is a people watcher like her dad.  He is very calm/laid back & watches people until he gets to know them.  When someone new picks her up, she studies them for a few minutes, almost like she's trying to decide if she likes them.  Then once they start talking to her, that big smile of hers appears. 

She is also a determined little thing.  Once she decides she is going to do something, she keeps at it until she can get it.  Rolling over came pretty easy to her & once she got it she burst into this big smile, like "yay, I can do it!!".  She is now working on sitting up.  She will get fussy w/you if you don't help her.  She grunts & pulls w/her legs trying to sit up.  She's getting it, but not there completely.

• Options

Liam is usually contemplative and trying to figure things out. When he's not smiling, he has this little deep-thinking furrowed brow look. For example: I thought he might be scared of the fireworks on the Fourth of July, but he just looked at them like this the whole time:

IMG_1127

He's a smiley baby to us, but it takes him a while to decide to smile at other people. When other people try to get him to smile, sometimes he'll give me a look like, "They've gotta be kidding, right?"

Here's a funny smile pic of his where my friends were trying to get him to smile. It's after one of Jared's outdoor concerts, and I have him in the stroller to take him home:

IMG_1182

Some cute things he does now are if I'm feeding him, if I talk to Jared, he'll stop because he hears my voice and smile and drool the breastmilk out of the corner of his mouth. When Jewel or Allison Krauss comes on Pandora, he gets confused, and watches my mouth to see if I'm singing. (Totally flattering.) Someday, I'm afraid he'll realize his babysitter, who is a vocal performance major, sings WAY better than I do. (She sounds just like Adele, no kidding.)

And now, when he wakes up, he likes to either rub or pat our faces, but he's not always too coordinated, and sometimes he'll give us a wack or grab onto our noses with his little fingernails. Youch!

Right now, he's doing that trilling coo (I can't explain it--it's like how you roll your r's when you speak Spanish, but he's cooing) to Allison Krauss and Gillian Welch singing "I'll Fly Away" from the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack. Oh, he gets excited when something with banjo comes on the radio, too :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options

Oh Goodness!! I love this thread, thanks for asking!!

Jack is so relaxed and easy going.  His cry when he rarely uses it is even pretty mellow. He is a go with the flow kind of kid, naps anywhere, puts himself to sleep. He is animated and smiles with his whole body.  When he really smiles his eyes crinkle up, then his shoulders and than he folds in half. He is comfortable with most everyone, and is quick to smile at them.  He has just recently started really laughing and I cannot keep a straight face while he is laughing.

He comes with me to my staff meetings and because he also loves to stand, will stand on my lap facing me and just smile and smile. I try so hard not to look at him and pay attention to what is happening but I can see that smile out the corner of my eye and then I start to smile and he laughs.  Even though our work situation is pretty crazy and intense right now, staff meetings are pleasant because noone can be cranky around him.  and we still are able to get things done!

He cuddles and tolerates all my kissing which I seriously cannot stop doing. And sometimes while I am holding him or feeding him he is looking at me in a way that brings me to tears. His eyes are super expressive and his face just holds so much love. 

He is probably a normal baby but I am in awe of how he learns and the different things he learns every day.  I just think it's so amazing how smart he is.

• Options

Nora's personality runs in extremes.

She is either giving out the biggest, most infectious smiles and laughs:

We get tons of comments about her smile and her dimples.

Or she is an extreme fussy pants:

The last thing I would call my baby is chill or laid back, although she does have a few chill moments each day.

She loves:

- Sitting on my lap facing out so she can see what is going on around her.

- Playing in her crib with her mobile, acquarium,

- Riding in the car.

She hates:

- Being in her swing, bouncy, jumperoo.

- Being put into her car seat.

- Being away from her Momma for more than a few minutes. (This is going to make day care a challenge.. oy.)

She gives great snuggles. She melts my heart when I lean in for a kiss and she opens her mouth to receive the kiss. She also opens her mouth and plants a "wet one" on my cheek all the time. I love, love, love how affectionate she is.

But when she is unhappy, brace yourself, because she will not be ignored lol.

If I had to sum up her personality in a few words, I would say she is a sassy, feisty, loving, drama queen. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    intense, busy, coy, blabbery, sweet, cuddly, loud, bright, determined, impatient, observant, pensive, jubilant
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First, I want to say how gorgeous your little girl is! Her face is so sweet and her hair is gorgeous!! I'm jealous- DD's hair is so crazy and falling out every day!

My Abigail is so amazing! Happy and content all the time. She loves to have "conversations." She keeps eye contact and coos the whole time. I just wrote about her on the blog for her 3 month post. We're so in love with her! 

• Options

Andrew for the most part is a very happy baby.  As long as nothing is bothering him (hungry, wet, tired, etc.) he is very talkative and smiley.  He loves attention so if he feels he is being ignored he will start to yell. Not crying - yelling.  And he's getting louder!

He loves to sit on our laps and face outward so he can see what's going on.  He is very curious about everything. He is also unable to sit still - if he is awake he is moving.  Especially his legs.

He is very expressive.  I can sit and watch his changing facial expressions all day. Sometimes he looks so serious - furrowed brow and all - and then he will break into the biggest grin and let out a belly laugh that makes my heart burst.  He is also very interested in our faces and will stare at us when we are sitting with him.  If he hears one of our voices but doesn't see us he will stop what he's doing and look around until he finds us.

So in a nutshell - he is a happy, snuggly, curious and energetic little man and I love it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for sharing, ladies! I'm not surprised to hear that we all love talking about our little babes.

• Options

A little late, but Cora changes more and more every day.  She is a good mix of both my DH and I with both looks and personality.  She is very curious and interested in following people and watching what they are up to. She is happy and smiley and loves to laugh and "talk" when we are home together. 

She gets very serious, furrows her brow and clenches her fists when we are out and about.  But she wants to see it all and prefers to be in a carrier rather then a stroller.  I have a feeling she will give us a run for her money with her temper down the road.  She doesn't show it much, but naptime can get interesting.  And she def. shows a strong preference for mommy at the moment.  She will fuss when being held by someone new or that she doesn't see often and when she comes back, she lets out a big sigh and totally relaxes and laughs. 

Can't believe that it was one year ago yesterday that we found out this little person would be joining our family

• Options

It was so much fun to read about everybody's babies!

My DD is so much fun - I even find happiness watching her when she is fussy. She knows what she wants and what she doesn't want, but can also be very chill and calm - observing the world and people around her.

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"