Potty Training

less than 20 minutes in pullup

and she already peed in it! After sitting on the potty nearly 20 minutes. Now I am letting her go with an oversized t-shirt on with not under anything! Am I setting myself for puddles all over? really need advice on a very headstrong 2 year old girlie! I really need her to start with training I have an 11 mo old son and another baby due in March. I need a break on buying diapers!
imageimageimageimage

Re: less than 20 minutes in pullup

• My kids weren't headstrong but they were younger (17 & 15 months old) what we did was put them in underwear and set a timer for every 30 minutes.  That way there was no power struggle- it was the timer saying it was potty time not us.  The first day it was an exciting game, the second day I remember having a few more accidents than the first and by the 3 day it was accident free (actually my youngest had a total of 2 accidents ever).  Every day/evening (whichever seemed more appropriate) we extended the time by 15 minute- unless they told us otherwise.  However with both kids they were accident free in days (the timer was ditched after a few days) and by the end of the week they were telling us 99% of the timer (otherwise we did a potty break).  Also, we NEVER let them sit for more than 5 min.  The potty stayed in the bathroom and no games, toys or books while on the potty- it was do your business then go off and play.  The reason I think bare bottom didn't work is because well it goes on the floor and what does that bother the child, a pullup I would assume soaks some of it up (we never used pullups) but underwear when its wet sticks to you.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"