Multiples

vent

If one more person says " OMG your huuuugge!!!" As if I don't already know I just may loose it on someone! Mostly they are people who know I'm having twins therefore the belly measures further along than I am but they are all just apparently not bright enough to figure that out and Im getting tired of explaining to them that Im 6mths but have been measuring 7wks ahead for a while now...ughhhh Confused

Im sure Im not the only one getting comments, how are you all dealing? It didn't start to bother me til recently, I guess Im just getting that large now that they all feel the need to say something to me or to compare my belly to how theirs was with one at 6mths or their wives at 6mths, its different with 2 why don't people get that?

Sorry but I just had to vent, am I alone with this??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vent

• Eh, I'm huge and I know it.  It doesn't really bother me.  Stick out tongue  People have been telling me I'm huge for a while.  Just wait, you're going to hear it more and more the further along you get.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Heh, at the end, I was measuring 47 weeks and I was 55.5 inches around. I heard you're huge a lot.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • yep, you will need to get use to it. I remember walking around the mall, at Christmas and wasnt due unitl March and someone asking how many more days....I ended up measuring 50 weeks when I delievered at 35 weeks. Remember the bigger the belly, bigger and healthy babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • glad Im not the only one, makes me feel like Im a freak of nature when people comment like that lately. my babies have been measuring a nice size so Im happy for that, it just gets old very fast when everyone has to tell you how big you are. I also have people asking if Im due any day now LOL ummm 3mths to go still haha thanks ladies wish there were more twin moms or any for that matter in my circle of family/friends. Im the only one so they all just compare me to their singleton pregnancies
  • For me, it was the opposite comments that bothered me. I got a lot of "I can't believe how little your belly is." I think people always thought I was a lot further along than I really was because we announced the pregnancy right away. But when I was 20 weeks and measuring almost 30 weeks....that is NOT little! And people just refused to believe it! And with all those pregnancy hormones, those kind of comments are really frustrating! I just wanted to get a t-shirt that said "Yes, I'm pregnant. Back the F off"
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers]
  • I got lots of that, especially in August/September (babies born in November).  In early September one of my bosses told me I was huge.  The other one ( a twin mom herself) put him in his place!  

The crazy thing is that the babies either changed positions or dropped or something because by late Oct, I was getting "Due at Christmas?" 

Just smile, nod and try not to take it personally.  Difficult, I know, but really, someone who feels the need to comment on a pregnant woman's size is not someone's opinion who should matter.

• imageMrsLnt:

I got lots of that, especially in August/September (babies born in November).  In early September one of my bosses told me I was huge.  The other one ( a twin mom herself) put him in his place!  

The crazy thing is that the babies either changed positions or dropped or something because by late Oct, I was getting "Due at Christmas?" 

Just smile, nod and try not to take it personally.  Difficult, I know, but really, someone who feels the need to comment on a pregnant woman's size is not someone's opinion who should matter.

our twins are also due in nov. also, do you mind my asking if you made it close to your due date? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"