Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Random Click #6

Re: Random Click #6

• I have seen some articles recently, though, that suggest keeping the carseat rear facing for 2 years and I don't know that I would want to do that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Considering Jay is over the 95% for his height I don't know if he would be ok rear facing untill 2.
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted NO and I am even debating on taking my round about back to target because it only goes RF to 35 lbs not 40! I wish I could have found the myride because that goes to 40 RF!
  • That's where Seamus is too. He's so tall. His feet hit the back of the seat in his infant seat already so we're looking for a convertible car seat now so he can be more comfortable. We're thinking the Graco My Ride 65.
  • DS was FF at 14 months at 30 inches and 25 lbs.

DD will be RF until she reaches 2 years or the max height/ weight  and at least a year of age. (since she's 5th % in weight, I doubt she will hit that by one, lol)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagejess1984:

DS was FF at 14 months at 30 inches and 25 lbs.

DD will be RF until she reaches 2 years or the max height/ weight  and at least a year of age. (since she's 5th % in weight, I doubt she will hit that by one, lol)

Do you know what the height requirement is? Jay is already over 29 in.

• imagejcole32444:
    imagejess1984:

DS was FF at 14 months at 30 inches and 25 lbs.

Do you know what the height requirement is? Jay is already over 29 in.

I have the tru fit for DD (sitting in her room, lol) it goes to 50 inches both rear/ forward facing and 35lbs rear facing. Here is a website that has that and I beleive other car seat info on it.

https://carseatblog.com/3054/the-first-years-true-fit-premier-c670-review-very-nice/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • There's no SS, but for me it would depend on how big my lo is. If he/she is still small I'd keep it rear facing for longer; if he/she was bigger I could understand front facing sooner then 1 year but not before 10 mos.
  • Isn't it law that a LO needs to be rear facing until 1? I'm not going to put my LO at a greater risk of serious injury. Now, the 2 year rear facing suggestion is merely that - a suggestion. My DS is already very close to the height limit on his infant seat and we will be purchasing a convertible in the next couple of weeks. Since he is so tall, I may turn him front facing much sooner than 2 years, but will definitely wait until he is at least 1.
  • imagekdodge423:

imagejcole32444:
    Considering Jay is over the 95% for his height I don't know if he would be ok rear facing untill 2.

Not a legit reason to turn them around.

The way I see it he only needs to be RF for 1 years. After that it is at each parents discrestion, no matter what their reasoning.

• I may FF him before 2 but I won't do it right at 1. He can sit with his legs crossed. It's not uncomfortable for a toddler.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejcole32444:
    imagekdodge423:

imagejcole32444:
    Considering Jay is over the 95% for his height I don't know if he would be ok rear facing untill 2.

The way I see it he only needs to be RF for 1 years. After that it is at each parents discrestion, no matter what their reasoning.

It may be every parents decision, but I just don't understand why any parent would choose to put their child in a situation where severe injury or death was MUCH more likely. We will be RF until 2 or until he reaches the 40 lb weight limit.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • imageSapphireKat18:
    I may FF him before 2 but I won't do it right at 1. He can sit with his legs crossed. It's not uncomfortable for a toddler.
    But what about the LEGS!?!?! They could get broken in an accident!!!!!!!!!! I can live with a broken neck, but legs are another story... ;)
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • imagejcole32444:
    imagekdodge423:

imagejcole32444:

It's all about neck strength. It's safer for their legs to be up against the seat back then it is to be ff, regardless of height. Sure it's your discretion but I think it's just stupid to turn them around so early. Recommendations are made for a reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejcole32444:

He'll be fine. His legs bend. Kate has always been 98% for height (she's 36 inches now at 2.5 and we just turned her a few months ago).

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"