Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How do you decide it's okay for LO to wear underwear at night?

DS has been dry at night for over a month now, but I've been putting a pull-up on him anyway.  He never wants to go pee first thing in the morning and will insist on going after breakfast.  Most of the time, he gets up in the middle of breakfast to go.  There have been a few mornings recently where he ended up wetting his pull-up because - I think - he was just too lazy to go.  I don't want him to get in that habit.  I've been thinking about putting underwear on him at night, but do you think it's safe to assume at this point that he'll stay dry at night?  I know accidents can still happen here and there, but I guess I wanted to prevent needing to change his sheets in the middle of the night for as long as possible.
Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: How do you decide it's okay for LO to wear underwear at night?

• Options
    I am wondering when we will get to the point of no diapers at night too.  I do try to take DS's diaper off as soon as he gets up.  If I do that he will run to the bathroom when he has to go. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD will go 2-3 weeks completely dry, and than wake up wet for a weeks straight. IDK what gives. I'd love to stop buying pull ups, but I just don't think she's fully ready. Maybe I'll try just underwear again in a month or so. BTW, I can't believe your already 24 weeks!! I hope all is going well!
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • Options

imagegoillini823:
    DD will go 2-3 weeks completely dry, and than wake up wet for a weeks straight. IDK what gives. I'd love to stop buying pull ups, but I just don't think she's fully ready. Maybe I'll try just underwear again in a month or so. BTW, I can't believe your already 24 weeks!! I hope all is going well!

DD#1 used to do this too! We finally ran out of pull ups one night and decided to let her wear panties and she was fine so we just decided to start night training since she had been day trained well over a year then. That was just a few weeks ago and she's had maybe 2 night accidents since. It was kind of a pain but she's doing great. Heres what we do:

Limit drinks after dinner and no liquids 2 hours before bed, if this isnt possible then one of us wakes her up right before we go to bed (around 10-11, after shes been out for a few hours) and take her pee. To do it with out waking her up all the way we keep on a night light on and try not to talk a lot.

Started a sticker chart, once she gets 20 stickers (1 per dry night) she'll get to go pick out a big toy of her choice. Right now she has her eye on a Rapunzel baby doll.

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You have to do it at some point. Why not try it now? I was hesitant to do it too, but then realized we had to take a chance. Just make sure he goes pee before bed, which I'm sure you do. Also try not to let him drink anything an hour before bed. Good luck! Our little man has only had a couple of accidents since April. Not bad!
  • Options
    We switched to underwear when DD had been waking up completely dry for over a month. I still put her in pull-ups a few times when we were sleeping at other people's houses after that, as a "just in case" and she still woke up dry (and bothered that she had a pull-up on).
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD asked to switch to panties at night and I let her. It's the only thing that started making her wake up dry. I put a potty in her room to encourage her to pee first thing so she does that whole routine herself.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD asked about one week into PTing to wear her underwear at night so I let her try it. She did really well and has only had 2 accidents in a month.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

imagegoillini823:

I'm having a hard time believing it, too!  I'm finally starting to think that this baby will actually come home with us.  Everything is going really well.

Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
    BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
    BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
    Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
    Currently TTC Baby #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"