Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

3 week growth spurt help

My ds just turned 3 weeks yesterday and apparently is going through his growth spurt.  He has been so fussy all day, he doesnt want to be held or put down and he's cried pretty much all day.  I dont know what to do to help him.  If he isnt attached to me he's unhappy.  I'm feeding him on demand but now I'm finding it hard to distinguish when he's hungry and when he's just being unhappy. Any advice to help us make it through the next few days?

Re: 3 week growth spurt help

• Options
    Just curious, does he have a fever? If so, try giving him some baby tylenol to see if that helps. If not, try the 5 S's and for feeding, if BF, then feed no further apart than 2 1/2-3 hours, if FF, then feed no further apart than 4 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Assume you need to bf all the time for the next few days. Just offer the breast every time he yells.

If it's not that, then try some other things (like the 5 s's, swing, bouncer, bath, etc)... then offer the breast again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebabyhopes25:
    My ds just turned 3 weeks yesterday and apparently is going through his growth spurt.  He has been so fussy all day, he doesnt want to be held or put down and he's cried pretty much all day.  I dont know what to do to help him.  If he isnt attached to me he's unhappy.  I'm feeding him on demand but now I'm finding it hard to distinguish when he's hungry and when he's just being unhappy. Any advice to help us make it through the next few days?

We are going through the same thing, but he's been fussy for couple days. He acts hungry all the time, and we dont know when to feed him and when not. He has woken up only once a night til last night, when he was up every 2 hours crying and acting hungry. Sorry I dont have any advice, FTM here..and it seems like he doesnt even like the swing anymore..ughhh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

To ask the obvious: if your baby acts hungry, do you feed him?

It's a growth spurt because they eat all the time, people. Schedules don't work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"