Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sort of TR- How clean is your house? clicky

Honestly, how clean is your house? [Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sort of TR- How clean is your house? clicky

• Options
    My house is clean but you can tell we live in it! I want to get rid of everything we haven't used in the past 2-5 years and donate it so that we have less clutter.
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

It's between your first two choices.  Everything is dusted, counters wiped down, everything in our bathroom is clean, we usually don't have dishes in the sink, DD's toys and books are all put away.  So in that way our house is very clean.

However, we do have things out.  My afghan isn't always folded, sometimes it's just laying on the couch, I usually have a tv tray out with a cup of water on it and DD's sippy, her big toys are out, but pushed against the walls in our living room.  her coloring book is on the corner of out tv stand so she can't take it down herself, I have some books I'm reading on our end table...

When I think of "well lived in" I think lots of clutter and we don't have that either.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put pigpen, but it isn't that bad. I just need to give it a good cleaning (floors, bathroom nooks, baseboards, light switches, door handles, refrigerator, etc.).  I am thinking about having someone in to give it a GOOD scrubbing before DS#2 arrives. I would feel so much better about things.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options

imageSailorGray:
    I put pigpen, but it isn't that bad. I just need to give it a good cleaning (floors, bathroom nooks, baseboards, light switches, door handles, refrigerator, etc.).  I am thinking about having someone in to give it a GOOD scrubbing before DS#2 arrives. I would feel so much better about things.

This is me exactly. I've been eyeing Groupon to snag a deal before the next LO is here. I do get it completely clean every weekend (and try to just pick up/maintain during the week), but I swear, my kid is like a tornado. I just told DH today that she had gotten so much crap strewn all over the living room and kitchen that if something happened to us while we were out running errands and someone had to come to the house, they'd probably think we'd been robbed and the place had been ransacked. 

• Options
    Some where between clean but well lived in and a pig pen. But I'm to the point of this pregnancy that a lot of things that fall to the floor get left there. lol
    Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Options
    Oh I feel so much better after reading your comments! When we go to family members houses with no kids/older kids. They always tell me "My house used to look like yours when we had young kids" and I am thinking what in the world is wrong with my house?!?! i picked up and scoured the whole house before you came to visit! lol
  • Options
    imagek.linn:

imageSailorGray:

This is me exactly. I've been eyeing Groupon to snag a deal before the next LO is here. I do get it completely clean every weekend (and try to just pick up/maintain during the week), but I swear, my kid is like a tornado. I just told DH today that she had gotten so much crap strewn all over the living room and kitchen that if something happened to us while we were out running errands and someone had to come to the house, they'd probably think we'd been robbed and the place had been ransacked. 

I've been reading reviews on Angie's List to get some referrals. I don't even need a deal. I am desperate...haha.

My Mom's friends' kitchen caught on fire and when the inspector person came to do their report for insurance he said that damage was done to the rest of the house by the firefighters putting out the fire. WRONG. Their house is a total PIGPEN and has always been. The rest of the house was untouched by the firefighters. It just looked like 15 men with hoses had trampled through it. I could not even imagine the embarrassment. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options

I deep clean on wednesdays so it is looking "lived in" right now.

I hate clutter and do my best to avoid it but we have a toddler and two cats so it is kind of a losing battle.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Right now it is disgusting and I am kind of grossed out. We have had so much to do and have been out of town every weekend so I have not been able to keep up. Mainly I need to clean bathrooms. Which I hate to do. 
  • Options
    imageMrsSR:

It's between your first two choices.  Everything is dusted, counters wiped down, everything in our bathroom is clean, we usually don't have dishes in the sink, DD's toys and books are all put away.  So in that way our house is very clean.

However, we do have things out.  My afghan isn't always folded, sometimes it's just laying on the couch, I usually have a tv tray out with a cup of water on it and DD's sippy, her big toys are out, but pushed against the walls in our living room.  her coloring book is on the corner of out tv stand so she can't take it down herself, I have some books I'm reading on our end table...

When I think of "well lived in" I think lots of clutter and we don't have that either.

This describes my house, too. I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone stopped by but things could ways be cleaner.
  • Options
    SS:  It depends.  I try to stick to a cleaning schedule for dusting and doing the floors, but with 2 dogs, a toddler, and a house full of wood laminate, it gets dirty very quickly. 
  • Options
    We are more *neat* and less clean.  Like, the toys get put up and everything is in it's place at the end of the day, but the bathrooms could really use a good scrubbing and my floors need to be vacuumed.  So I voted for the 2nd choice.  I try not to let anything get too terribly nasty though :-P  Like, no food chillin' on the counter or whatever.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

imageyourmysunshine:
    My house is clean but you can tell we live in it! I want to get rid of everything we haven't used in the past 2-5 years and donate it so that we have less clutter.

This is what I want to do too! We have way too much crap.

• Options
    I put well lived in....but it's not really. It's pretty tidy, but you can tell that people live here. It's clean, to me that's more important than making sure all of the toys are put away and I don't have mail on the countertop. Before DS you couldn't tell that people lived here. Even the clothes in our closet looked staged because I had everything perfectly lined up and color coordinated.
  • Options
    I'm kind of an "other".  Ours is usually straightened up (at least by the end of each day!), but it's also on the market.  So we have to.  We always kept our house fairly clean because that's just how DH and I are, but now we really have to keep at it in case we get a showing.  
  • Options
    There's usually toys everywhere until the kids are in bed. But the bathrooms and kitchen is always clean.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    imageSailorGray:
    imagek.linn:

imageSailorGray:

I've been reading reviews on Angie's List to get some referrals. I don't even need a deal. I am desperate...haha.

My Mom's friends' kitchen caught on fire and when the inspector person came to do their report for insurance he said that damage was done to the rest of the house by the firefighters putting out the fire. WRONG. Their house is a total PIGPEN and has always been. The rest of the house was untouched by the firefighters. It just looked like 15 men with hoses had trampled through it. I could not even imagine the embarrassment. 

I work for an insurance company in claims. I cannot begin to tell you the things I have seen in photos from peoples' homes after a fire/robbery/whatever. It's pretty unbelievable.

I like privacy. A lot.
  • Options

I chose "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" only because DS was with the grandparents on Saturday night & I got to actually clean my house top to bottom yesterday.  So right now, it's super clean.

Talk to me at the end of the week though! Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

It's usually somewhere between "clean but lived in" and "pig pen". My kitchen counter needs to be wiped down, there's a sticky spot on my living room floor, there is mashed avocado stuck to the side of LO's high chair, and I have papers all over my office that need to be filed. But I still don't call that a "pig pen". I'd hesitate to call it "clean" too. 

I'd probabaly call it "a bit messy, but nothing that would gross you out" 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"