February 2012 Moms
Options

NT scan - transab or transvag?

Mine is this week on Thursday and I will be 12 weeks and 1 day so should I expect it transab or transvag?  I had a transvag one when I was 7 weeks 3 days but haven't had an appointment since so was just curious.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NT scan - transab or transvag?

• Options
    Mine was transab (12 weeks 2 days)

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll be able to tell you for sure on Wednesday night (mine's Wednesday afternoon), but I suspect it'll be transab; they told me to drink 20oz of water before coming in, which I think only matters if it's transab?
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was very surprised at my NT scan. the didn't tell me to drink water so I expected an internal, but was happily surprised to find out it was on the belly :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • Options
    I haven't had one yet, but I would think transab. I had an u/s at 9w1d and they could find the baby transab. They said after 9 weeks, they can usually see it transab.
  • Options
    I had mine last week (12 wks. 3 days) and it was transab.  With my first, they did transab first, but couldn't get the right angle for her nasal bridge so they finished with transvag just to see everything.  So maybe it depends how your baby is laying because that's what I was assuming they meant with my first DD,
  • Options
    Mine was transab. My ultrasound tech said she would try that first and if it didn't work we would do transvag. I was 12w4d and it was easy to see everything she needed with the transab.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mine was transab but they almost went to transvag because baby was tired of dancing around and gave them the butt.
    Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Abdominal (and they could see everything crystal clear).  I was 12 weeks 4 days but measuring 13w3d. 

ETA: My tech sid she would have had to use the dildo cam (vaginal u/s wand) if she would have had trouble with any of the measurements.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my first, it was transvaginal. This time is was transab.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"