December 2010 Moms
Options

I have a new addiction.

Ahh Babywearing. I had none when DD was born. I then got a Moby at the convincing of my mom. We had a Bjorn which is actually my least fav (she used it for the shortest period of time). We got an Ergo and Kokopax backpack. I really really though want a ring sling. I think it would be so much easier to use quickly by myself especially when DD start moving around. DH says to wait and see if we need but, he trusts my judgement. Ahh do I get it or not?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have a new addiction.

• Options

I have a Maya wrap ring sling that I used like, 5 times. I'll sell it to you cheap if you're interested =) I just prefer my mei tai wrap.

it's this: 

https://www.mayawrap.com/shop/maya-wrap-baby-sling.html

In the aqua stripe color

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i LOVE my maya ring sling!  i also have an ergo, which i like a lot as well.  i have a moby, but used that more when O was tiny.

but back to the ring sling :).....

its super easy to get O in and out of.  

its awesome at the airport.

it covers you nicely if youd want to nurse in public or provide a little shade for a napping babe.

it was the ONLY place O would nap when he had colic.  he would sit in the kangaroo position and conk out.

now, he is usually in the hip position...but he also sometimes still likes to curl up in kangaroo.

my husband also loves to use it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ordered one. I already had it in my cart. I had been wanting one for a month or so. DD is in that "I only want Mommy stage" and many many times is reaching for me. Do not get me wrong, I love that, but I just think this will really help. Here is hoping. DH loved the Moby wrap, I hope he likes this too. Her actually used the Moby more and me. lol
  • Options

imageKelCaryn20:

I have a Maya wrap ring sling that I used like, 5 times. I'll sell it to you cheap if you're interested =) I just prefer my mei tai wrap.

it's this: 

https://www.mayawrap.com/shop/maya-wrap-baby-sling.html

In the aqua stripe color

Thank you for the offer. I already ordered one. I guess I did not need talking into it. :)

• Options
    Do the ergo on your hip!! It's awesome.
  • Options

imagewinswee2002:
    Do the ergo on your hip!! It's awesome.

How do you do this?  I don't think I utilize my ergo to the fullest.  So far I've only worn him in the front carry position.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    The Maya is my absolute favorite!  I have a few carriers and for long trips or planned baby wearing I'll grab  the Ergo but I always have my Maya with me for times when he gets tired of the stroller or shopping cart.  It's so simple and fantastic for travel, especially if you're by yourself and have to go through security.  
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member
    I'll have to watch the Ergo hip carry video - we've used the hip carry a few times, thinking that B would be able to see things better since the Ergo doesn't do an outfacing front carry.  But he doesn't seem comfortable in the hip carry so I've wondered if we're doing it wrong somehow. 
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options

imagekj07:
    I'll have to watch the Ergo hip carry video - we've used the hip carry a few times, thinking that B would be able to see things better since the Ergo doesn't do an outfacing front carry.  But he doesn't seem comfortable in the hip carry so I've wondered if we're doing it wrong somehow. 

You might be doing something a little off.  The hip carry is JUST like carrying LO on your hip without a carrier, if he's comfy then, he'll be comfy in the Ergo.  I posted a video a couple of posts up (::Kellogg:: Ergo Hip Carry) that should help.  There's also a response in the same thread with some more tips.  =-) 

• Options
    You tube it. There are a bunch of videos that show you how. We just started doing it since the forward facing Maclaren was getting uncomfortable with my giant baby, and I love it!
  • Options
    I LOVE my RS. I use it in airports, grocery shopping, at the farmers market, to take the dog potty, if R is cranky, or any other short period of time. I also have a woven wrap to put him on my back for longer periods of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"