Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Oh boy, she's in trouble....

I bathe Tegan and brush her teeth almost every single night. She loves her bath time, but is not a fan of having her teeth brushed. Every night it's a battle of wills, while I struggle to keep her hands from pulling my hands away from her mouth and brush her teeth all at the same time. She screams as if I'm attempting to kill her and almost every night we both end up in tears. I've tried singing, playing games ("who's in your mouth? Is Elmo in your mouth?"), I've asked if I can see her teeth, I've asked her to say "ahhhh", I've done everything that I can possibly think of to help make teeth brushing more enjoyable.

Anyway, tonight my DH did the whole bath time routine and when I came to teeth brushing time, I was in the kitchen just smiling to myself that I didn't have to fight the brushing battle tonight. DH gets the toothbrush, puts Tegan on his lap, sings the ABC song (which I've done before), asked Tegan to say "ahhhh" and easily brushes her teeth without a single protest from our lovely daughter.... ugh! She's in BIG trouble, lol!

Oh yeah, and teeth brushing is now officially DH's job on the nights that he is home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh boy, she's in trouble....

• Options
    Nice! My DD acts up big time for us. Then grammie shes perfect. LOL
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I sing the ABC song when we brush teeth, and for some reason, works like magic!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel for you but it is funny. You have to admit that much. Now you have free time when DH is home since he gets teeth brushing time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, this sounds so familiar, only it was my mom who got the perfect brushing experience. We sing songs, distract him, give him his own brush, anything we can think of, and he still screams bloody murder. My mom puts him to bed one night and he's an angel. I think your DH's luck may be short-lived once the novelty wears off.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"