3rd Trimester

kinda stupid question.?

If you have an epidural, and end up having to have a c-section do they give you anything else since you already have the epidural?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: kinda stupid question.?

• I don't recall exactly what or how they gave it to me, but I do know that they gave me something else prior to my C-Section. The anesthesiologist came back into the room and did something but I honestly don't remember much about what was going on at that point.  I know they must have though because with just the epidural, I could still move my legs and I had sensations all throughout my legs.  While in surgery, I clearly had no ability to move and didn't feel a thing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• They usually up your epidural.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an epidural, and ended up with an emergency CS, I dont remember them giving me anything else, but that was 6 1/2 years ago and I was exhausted by then, so they possibly could have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • yes , if u have to have a c section that wasnt expected they will give you a spinal block. that makes sure to confirm that you wont feel any of the surgery and it takes longer to wear off. i know this for a fact becuz with my first son i had emergency csection and they then gave me a spinal block about 5 mins before cutting me . and with this baby they are just going to give me the block. but yes you can have an epidural then have a spinal block the worst that would happen is you would feel loopy . i did , i felt out of it and didnt get to experince the birth .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"