Austin Babies
Options

Rock bottom.

I'm not as regular on this board as I'd like to be, and I really need to break the habit of posting only when I'm really sad. Tongue Tied

If you're my FB friend, you already know my story, but I thought I'd reach out to the rest of you because I'm having a particularly rough weekend. Seven weeks ago, my husband of 3.5 years told me he had fallen in love with another woman. They had been "dating" for a month behind my back. Sophia was 6 months old at the time. He met her at a wedding in Brooklyn and she lives there. It's an awful, awful situation, and the details don't matter much anymore. They are together and she's supposedly moving here. I moved to an apartment down south with Sophia and I've been trying to put my life back together. I'm a teacher, so I've had the summer off and I've had a lot of time to sit and be sad and lonely. 

I filed for divorce the day after he told me, and it will be final in two weeks. I have some really good days and really bad days. Today's a bad one.

For all practical purposes, I'm a single mom. He comes three times a week for visits, and when she's 18 months old, she'll start overnights with him.

Tonight has been one of my hardest nights. Sophia is congested with a runny nose (cold maybe? teething?) and is sitting up in her crib, not sleeping. I've given her saline drops, Nose Frida, Tylenol. She's fed, dry, and obviously super tired.

I don't really know what I'm asking for. Just wanted to get my story out there. I did start a blog and it's helping me a bit. 

Don't know how to do a clicky, but you can see it here: https://strongerinhotwater.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rock bottom.

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.  I don't really have any advice, but I hope things start looking up for you soon.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member

Wow. You've really been through a lot and I'm so sorry.  I don't know what else to say except to hang in there.  I know there are some other ladies on this board who have been through some rough patches in their marriages (both divorced and not), they could probably give you some words of wisdom.

In the meantime, you're welcome here and I'm glad you posted. Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options

First, I'm so, so sorry.  I can't even imagine how that must have felt, and how incredibly sad you are and have been.

Second, don't be a stranger!  There are more than a few women on here that have gone through something similar, and I'm sure they would be very supportive of you (well, we all would, but I'm sure personal experiences would be very helpful).

Again, I'm so, so sorry.  Please feel free to vent your frustrations to us.  

(((hugs)))

• Options

I don't have any advice either.  Hopefully when school starts up again, you'll have something to help fill your time and you won't be sad so much.

<<hugs>>

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

oh my goodness, that just breaks my heart for you.  you have had so much to process and deal with this summer and of course there are sad days :(  i am so so sorry :(

please don't be a stranger.  like pp's have said there are girls on the board who can relate and we are all here to support you

• Options

imagengian:
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.  I don't really have any advice, but I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Me too!

Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options

I am so sorry to hear about everything. I think you deserve the right to be sad some days and you need a place to vent! That's completely understandeable! 

• Options
    sent you a pm as well
  • Options

Wouldn't it be great if you could just snap your fingers and make it be one year from now? Because one year from now life is going to be so much better. Your beautiful baby girl is probably going to be walking, and you won't wake up in the middle of the night and remember how crappy things are right now. My heart pours out to you. I haven't been in that situation exactly, but between my own experiences getting dumped and watching my mom go through awfulness with my dad, I can imagine how hard this must be for you. 

Is it okay for us to hate on him? Because I'm really happy to!

I think it's great you started a blog, and it's great that you reached out on here.

Lots of strength your way! 

• Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:

First, I'm so, so sorry.  I can't even imagine how that must have felt, and how incredibly sad you are and have been.

Second, don't be a stranger!  There are more than a few women on here that have gone through something similar, and I'm sure they would be very supportive of you (well, we all would, but I'm sure personal experiences would be very helpful).

Again, I'm so, so sorry.  Please feel free to vent your frustrations to us.  

(((hugs)))

Ditto!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

I am so, so sorry.  My sister went through a similar situation this past year (though not with a baby in the picture) and my heart breaks for you because I have seen from her journey how difficult it is to have your spouse walk away from your marriage.  :(  Definitely do not be a stranger - we are here for you!  The good days and bad days are completely normal and soon there will be more good days than bad days. 

LO's with colds or teething are hard.  DD always slept better during teething when we put a pillow under one end of her mattress so it was elevated.  I think the congestion bothered her less that way.    

I wish I lived close by to offer some help.  :(  The best I can do is send long-distance **hugs** to you.

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry for what you've gone through.  Happier times will come, I promise.  I hope Sophia feels better and lets you get some rest tonight.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Options
    imagebluestreet:

Ha!  I was wondering the same thing.  If so, "JACKASS!"

If not, uh, nevermind.  ;) 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Options

You may hate on him all you want. Smile Unfortunately he'll be in my life for at least 18 years, so I'm trying not to be angry all the time. Not easy.

Thank guys. 

• Options
    imagemlf625:
    imagebluestreet:

Ha!  I was wondering the same thing.  If so, "JACKASS!"

If not, uh, nevermind.  ;) 

Me too!  I am great at hating on exes, so just say the word and I'm all over it.  

Seriously though, I am really sorry that you are going through such a tough time.  Silver lining: My parents divorced when I was young (7) and I can tell you that it has been so much easier for me than for my friends whose parents divorced when they were older because I don't really remember anything else.  I promise things will get better.  

Don't be a stranger on the boards!  Are you on the FB moms group?  It might do you some good to get out of the house.  If you don't want to though, you can tell me to butt out.  :)

• Options

My heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine. :(

Let us know if we can help you at all. And feel free to vent all you like! 

Business Cat. image
  • Options
    2H2L2H2L member
    I'm so sorry. :( definitely post here! I find I end up posting more when I'm feeling lonely, too, to find community somewhere. You're not alone there. Have you started counseling? Talking to someone could really help, with everything, even just normal stresses of having a little one and you're still in the first year postpartum, but definitely with all of your feelings about your ex and everything. Big, big hugs. It will get better. I'm not sure if we're friends on FB, but I'll see if I can find you. :) you're not alone! :)
  • Options
    I can't imagine how hard it is to be a single mom. I think you need to give yourself some time to be sad. It sounds like you are an incredibly strong person, and a fantastic mom. I hope you get a little break tonight. Take a hot shower pour a glass of wine and read a book.  You can do it! 
  • Options

I'm so, so, sorry for what you're going through right now. I can't even imagine how hard it might be. I hope things start looking up soon, but in the meantime know that we're here for you! 

• Options
    imagemrs.wildman:

I'm so, so, sorry for what you're going through right now. I can't even imagine how hard it might be. I hope things start looking up soon, but in the meantime know that we're here for you! 

This exactly. You're in my prayers.

• Options

I'm so, so sorry for what you're going through.

::hugs::

• Options

Oh, honey.  I'm sorry you are having a rough time.  Please let me know if you can hang out next weekend.  Maybe another pool playdate on Friday?  I'm here for you.

After going through several (three out of FIVE!) divorces with my mom, I can tell you what i am sure others have told you- its going to suck some days, and you'll be ok other days, and sometimes it will seem like you've taken two steps back.  But, it will get easier over time, and your heartache will hurt a little less every day until one day when you realize that you feel more like yourself again.  Hang in there, dear.  You can do it.

• Options
    This breaks my heart.  I so very sorry you and your baby have to go through this.  I can't imagine how you you're feeling right now. If you nee anything, please don't hesitate to pm or email.  
  • Options

I'm sorry that your exH is such a douchebag.

Best of luck as you pick up the pieces and put them all back together - you're going to come out of this much stronger than you already are.

My thoughts will be with you & your DD.

Better days will come again. 

• Options

*hugs*

so sorry, things will get better!

• Options

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that this is what you've been dealing with. One of my DH's BFFs decided to walk out on his wife right before she had their baby this past spring. I've been watching it all go down and trying to support her; why are some men such asshats? One day I think he will realize what he did, and by then, you won't want/need him anymore. I'm glad you are in therapy and found someone you like. I know that's helped her a lot too.

Also, definitely don't be a stranger here. I know I feel like I post a lot more when sad, but I've also been trying to make the effort to post more often as well for other stuff. 

Big hugs!!!

• Options
    I'm so incredibly sorry. My parents were separated by the time I was born and divorced by 3 months. I was so young I can't ever remember them together. And my life was wildly better than it ever would have been otherwise. You are doing an amazing thing for your daughter, showing her through example how to respect and stand up for yourself and to never settle in relationships. She is so lucky to have such a very strong mom as a role model. Hang in there--some days it will seem like surviving is all you can do, but then one day you'll wake up and realize it's not so hard anymore. You'll find your joy again. Many (((hugs))) to you.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

Thank you all so much. Your responses mean so much to me. Most days I'm pretty strong, but right now both DD and I have a cold and I'm feeling particularly sorry for myself.

Thanks again.

• Options
    Hugs.  I'm sure you are doing a great job.  My parents separated when I was 1 and my mom was pg with my sister.  She did an amazing job as a single parent and my sister and I know that things would have been much harder if my parents had stayed together.
  • Options
    Ditto everything the ladies said. My parents divorced when I was 7 and my dad got divorced a second time when I was 20. That said, it was much harder when I was older and understood what was going on. Lots of prayers and thoughts for you both.
  • Options

I'm so very sorry about what you are going through right now.  I know from personal experience how difficult it is.  I separated from my ex-H when DD 5 months old.  The circumstances were different but I've been where you are and know what it is like.  If you want to chat sometime off the board, feel free to email me. 

emabend (at) hotmail (dot) com

<hugs>  It does get easier.  It may not feel like it right now but it does.  If you need someone to vent too, please touch base.

• Options
    So very sorry that your ex did that to you. I cannot imagine how hard things have been. ((hugs)) Better days will come and you will be stronger for having been through this.
  • Options
    I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.  Stay strong.  You will get through this.  Lots of ((hugs)) and T&P sent your way.  I wish you the best and like the pp's, continue to post if you need anything.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lots of hugs.  As hard as it must be, you really are doing an amazing job of handling everything.  It will get easier! 
  • Options
    I read this last night but couldn't respond at the moment but wished I could have reached through the screen and given you a hug. Ex and I separated six months ago after 8+ years together and informed me shortly after he has a gf already. Men just don't get it. It was different in my situation because I was ready for it be over but it is still rough. There were days I felt so alone and wondered what did I do wrong to end up where I'm at. While I still have days like that I am focused in the future. Also know he did you a favor. It is so much easier dealing with it while she is so young. Yes, you're grieving the fact she will never know her daddy the way you thought she would but she's not going to know any different. My parents divorced when I was around 8 and I can remember the whole thing. I was so hurt by my dad because of his actions and it took me a long time to get over it. But my mom divorcing my dad was the best decision she ever made. As much as it hurt, it was the best thing for us. Realize that it sucks now but it's better for your DD because if he didn't do this now he would've done it later.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this.  I can't imagine how tough that would be.  I'm sure things will turn around soon, hang in there!
  • Options

((Hugs))

I am so sorry you're going through this.  I can't imagine how you must be feeling.  I don't have any kind of advice or anything but want to repeat what pps said.  Post as often as you'd like here.  I know there isn't much time left but maybe you could meet up with a play group or something in the next couple of weeks to try to fill up your time.  

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I just want to tell you that I'm a single Mom too. I got divorced in February and have been separated for more than a year now. I was married for almost seven years. If you would like to, you can email me at ruby 44 (dot) austin at g m a i l . com. I'm going to start following your blog! Thanks for putting yourself out there, I know it takes courage. Know this: your life will get better and it will not always be this hard. I really want to put emphasis on those two statements. They are super important to remember. ((big hugs))
  • Options

imageRuby44:
    Know this: your life will get better and it will not always be this hard. I really want to put emphasis on those two statements. They are super important to remember. ((big hugs))

Ditto Ruby!  I'm so sorry to hear it, yet very happy that you reached out.  Its healthy, and I hope you know that we're here for you. *hugs*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"