Breastfeeding
Options

? about thrush

Not sure if I should call my OB/GYN or LOs doctor.  I don't see any signs of thrush on LO but I'm afraid that I have it.  Everything I read says that both of us need treated or it will come back.  Anyone treat thrush without going to a doctor? 

Re: ? about thrush

• Options
    My OB prescribed nystatin for my nipples. Then I emailed DD's pedi and told her I had thrush. DD never had symptoms, but her pedi prescribed liquid nystatin for her so we wouldn't pass it back and forth, like you said. You can try mixing 1 tbsp of vinegar with one cup of water and dab it on your nipples after each feeding. Wash your bras in hot water with 1/4 cup of vinegar. Boil LO's paci's and bottle nipples every day.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

I treated thrush in just myself after calling a nurse line and it went away just fine. LO never got it in her mouth, but she did have a little bit of a diaper rash.

I used generic Lotrimin on my nipples, aired out as much as possible, washed anything that touched my milk on hot, changed bras/breast pads/shirts more often, took a probiotic, drank lots of water & avoided sugary foods.

Hope you feel better soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"