Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Stuffy nose, help!

So my DD has a really stuffy nose, I've done the saline and sucked it back out.  Sat with her in the bathroom with steam going.  She's so stuffy that it wakes her up, she can't eat well because she can't breathe enough.  What have you done or used to help your LO breathe better?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stuffy nose, help!

• Options
    We're also doing the humidifier too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pedi said we could give her a small spray of Afrin every 10-12 hours for no more than three days.  This helped a ton.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you given her a nice warm bath? If you have an lotion with camphor (like vicks) in it you could put it on a cloth near her to help her out. I have diaper cream with it in it so I just load her up with diaper cream. Just keep it away from her hands and eyes. I had to let my DD sleep in the swing one night so she was sitting up. Good luck!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vicks makes a plug in, kind of like a Glade Plug In.  It has a little Vicks insert that releases the scent once its plugged in. Plus it has a little nightlight on it. My LO gets the full treatment, as he has been congested twice now.  He gets the Johnson's Vapor Bath, followed by the sucker/saline, then to sleep on the wedge under the crib mattress while the humidifier is running with the Vicks Plug In going. Maybe we are over doing it, but it seems to keep him comfy.  Good luck!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

personally I would not use Afrin. It effs my nose up.

bulb suction, cool mist humidifier, tilt one end of the bed or mattress up and put the head on the highest end, my pedi also said I could give 1mL of mucinex 4x a day when DS was 14 lbs. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"