August 2011 Moms
Options

What is your going-home outfit for LO?

Hi Ladies!  Yep, I know i'm waiting till last minute, but I am needing some help with the going home outfit.  Could you please describe or PIP yours?  We live in Texas, where it is 100+ every day here, and having a girl.  Not sure what would be good.  Thanks for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is your going-home outfit for LO?

• Options
    I found a plaid jumper at Once Upon a Child. It's much cuter than it sounds. We live in WI so depending on how warm it is here we'll pair it with a sweater/blanket if necessary. 
  • Options
    I'm likely going to put him in a lightweight Calvin Klein romper that I purchased this past week.  I didn't go out and buy anything super special, so I'm just grabbing that romper and probably a couple of onesies in case I prefer those.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ordered a custom onesie that said "Hello my name is:" and then I had them put his name in. So cute
  • Options
    I had originally planned on LO wearing an adorable dress from Janie & Jack, but she ended up being way too small for it.. So she wore a cute footed onesie :)
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    I dont have a pip but my little boy is coming home in a pair blue camo overalls that have a gitar on the and a shirt that goes with them that his uncle got for him
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It has been pretty hot and humid here also, but we will be driving home in an air-conditioned car and probably won't be going outdoors much the first week or so, so I have about 3 outfits packed, all with long sleeves/sleepers. They are all lightweight cotton, 2 from Carter's and one from Gymboree. I do have some outfits that are short sleeved/ tank tops in NB size. She will only be wearing these if we are going to be out and about in the heat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a really nice Petit Ami romper as my first choice...it's white with ruffles and little pink flowers in the neckline area.  But...I'm afraid that it won't fit...so I also packed a Carter's newborn summer dress with a cardigan...Carter's newborn typically runs smaller than any other newborn stuff.  I also packed footed sleepers, onesies, and gowns...haha...so I have options.  And yes, I am a second time mom...but the girl stuff is just too irresistable!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersiv>
  • Options
    We have a lightweight cotton snap top that os white and brown striped with brown footed pants. It is from target, yes we are in Texas also. I know though riding in the car and then straight in the house he will need something.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options

imagebrandy4nicole:
    Hi Ladies!  Yep, I know i'm waiting till last minute, but I am needing some help with the going home outfit.  Could you please describe or PIP yours?  We live in Texas, where it is 100+ every day here, and having a girl.  Not sure what would be good.  Thanks for your help!

I've been struggling with this too! I live in Arlington Texas so we're very close to each other! But I'm having a boy, I've been trying to find something that is not too hot for him! 

• Options
    megd06megd06 member
    I've put it off...we're TG, so I was waiting for it to be close enough to my EDD that I could return the unused outfit. I plan to go to Kohls, and I'll most likely buy a preemie b/c I bought NB for DS and he was SWIMMING in it. I'll most likely get a romper or a footed sleeper (cotton)--one for a boy, and one for a girl.
  • Options
    I got a little dress from gymboree I think it was a ciao kitty line the blue thing with french cats or something. My mom picked it out.  We are hotter than Hades here too, so I wasn't sure.  I also packed a sleeper just in case, I figure really the baby will be going from a/c in hospital to a/c in car & house. 
  • Options

I'm in Houston. We're just bringing him home in a onesie and a pair of shorts. We're taking a blanket with us as well, just in case and probably a matching hat.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• Options

My family is mortified, but DH and I chose a pair of jeans and a 'My first Yankee' shirt with matching baseball cap.

Yes I know she's a little girl, but we picked the outfit while still 'team green' and since we are both Yankee fans, and dont want to turn her into a little doll from day one.  Lord knows our families will be trying that entirely too soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot image
    Strawberry's Pumkin; Grown just for her, started on her birth day.
  • Options
    I'm team green, so we have a girls outfit and a boys outfit.  The boys outfit says "I love Mommy" and the girls outfit says "Daddy's Little Girl"... We actually got one each in newborn and 0-3 and washed all 4 of them... I got great deals so I don't feel bad.  I have a bunch of pink and blue clothes because we're definitely going to try and have more kids, so they will perhaps get used.  If not, I'm happy to donate them to a friend or to the unwed moms shelter where I volunteer during the school year. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    My LO is coming home in the same dress that I wore when coming home from the hospital.  At first, I wasn't too into the idea but now I am happy I decided on this route.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"