Options

recommend your wrap or sling. nft.

thanks!
Mason James 
July 23, 2011

Baby Girl Due June 9, 2015

Re: recommend your wrap or sling. nft.

• Options

My favorite carrier is a mei tai (Infantino Wrap and Tie, but many other brands are probably better).

Second is my Ergo Sport.

Last place goes to my homemade wrap and my Seven sling. The wrap is just annoying to put on, and the Seven sling is probably not quite the right size.

How big is your baby? What to you want to use it for?

• Options

Mostly I use a Moby.... especially if it's a little chilly. I shop with D in it and can cover him up more or less as needed. I can cover his legs if it's chilly. I can cover more of myself if I'm cold.

Next, I use a Bjorn. (I might like Ergos, too... I just don't have one.) DH only uses the Bjorn carrier with D... so if you want something a little more manly, that might be a good one.

I also have about 5 other slings (Mei Tais and a few others) and the only one I use is a super light-weight water-proof one that I sometimes wear with D in the pool. (and it makes great shade) Sorry that I don't know what it's called. This was especially useful when D was smaller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love my Moby. Also heard good things about the K'tan.

Check out this article: Best Baby Carriers

Expecting a miracle this year!
  • Options
    I have a Balboa Baby sling for now. I bought a Moby but putting it on and trying to get LO in it was a PITA and I never felt like I was doing it right. I'm also going to be buying a Mei Tei (Infantino since they're inexpensive and I've seen good reviews)
  • Options

LO is 9.5 lbs and I love my Moby and Ring Sling equally.  The Moby is great for being super comfortable and holding him very snugly so that I really do have my hands free, but it's also very hot so doesn't work in our non-airconditioned house or outside.

I have a Sakura Bloom linen RS and it's very light and also comfy and snug.  Since LO doesn't have head control yet, I sometimes have to keep a hand on his head and since it's only on one shoulder, it's not an all-day solution.

HTH! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I love my mei tai. Couldn't live without it!

I like my pouch carriers, but LO does not. I'm hoping she will when she's bigger- I think we have a fit issue.

We like the moby, too, except it's waaay too hot for right now. I also don't like how complicated it is, but I guess that's be easy to get used to if we used it more.

I don't like the particular ring sling I have, because I have trouble adjusting the rails.  Different fabrics and sizes of rings might work better and be easier to use. 

• Options
    Moby for now...Ergo for later (4 mo & up)...we have both!
  • Options
    Moby all the way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BECO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"