Babies: 6 - 9 Months

3 naps to two

When did your LO go from 3 naps to two and how did you do it? Mine has been taking only 50 minute naps in the am (vs 1 hr 15- 1 1/2) early afternoon and then a long late afternoon one that Im having to wake her from for her to go to bed at a reasonable time. I think tomorrow Im going to try having her go down later were at 2 h 45 min now in hopes that she will only take 2 longer ones. How did you transition
Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.

Re: 3 naps to two

• We're still taking 3... sorry - our awake time is about 2 hours inbetween each nap. 

Try spacing out the naps a bit longer and then put to bed half an hour to an hour early. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From about 4-6 months Oliver took 3 naps per day. Morning was a 2 hour nap, and afternoon naps were each one hour. Around 6 months he started to not need that last nap and would take forever to fall asleep during it, then just STTN and wake up ready for the day at 4:30 am . Uhmn.. yeah.. that was a sign to me that he didn't need the last nap anymore.

For the past 2 weeks he's been taking 2 naps, each for two hours, every day. I don't have him on a schedule or anything. This is just his natural rhythm and what works best for him.

I hope you find what works best for your baby! Good luck, mama. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • BeachMBeachM member
    He was solidly on 2 naps at 8 months.  It took several weeks of figuring out whether to squeeze in a 3rd nap or do a super early bedtime.  He was asleep for the night at 6:30pm for a couple weeks and as his awake time tolerance stretched out to 3-3.5 hours bedtime moved back to 7pm.  Now he takes 2 naps a day that range from 1-2 hours each.

• Right before my little guy turned 6 months he started not sleeping for his last nap... he would sleep like 20-30 mins if that.  Now he gets up at 7, naps 9-10 sometimes 10:30 then nap at 1 and he sleeps at least until 2:15 sometimes until 3.  I think he stopped needing that nap also because I started putting him to bed earlier.  It took about a week and a half to transition him into taking two longer naps (the three he used to take were 30 mins to 1 hr tops)... he seems to do much better with the two longer naps.  Good luck on dropping the nap!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He dropped the 3rd nap about a week or two ago. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure that I completely understand your post, but most babies have 2 1.5 (or so) hour naps - one in the morning and one in the early afternoon) along with a short catnap in the late afternoon.

Babies need to increase their awake time developmentally and will begin to lengthen the 2 earlier naps before dropping the cat nap. It may take a few days or a week or more to figure it out, but I would be doubtful that your 6 month old is ready to drop to 3 naps.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Our guys are still on 3 naps per day. They just generally do not do well with being awake too long. (Past 2 - 2.5 hours)

We just follow their cues. They will let me know when they are ready to shift. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"