April 2012 Moms
Options

tiffy75

I hope you don't regret asking, lol!

When DD was really little I used the Moby wrap. It's kind of a pain to get the hang of, but after it becomes 2nd nature. I liked it because it wrapped her up tight against me and would calm her down almost instantly. I used it when she was as old as 6 months on days she wouldn't nap or calm down and it was like a tranquilizer to her. I was never able to get the BFing down in the Moby, but a friend of mine was a pro in it! There's also the Baby K'tan which is like the Moby, but not a wrap (if that makes sense). It's a soft carrier with the same holds as a Moby, but none of the tying. I want one for this next baby!

When she was 4 months I got an Ergo because she was sagging in the Moby and it wasn't as comfortable. Loved the Ergo for that age and stage. She's still well within the weight limits for it, but I feel like she's huge in it. Next time I want a Boba, which is much like the Ergo, but with a higher back and deeper seat specifically for older babies. Supposedly it's better for their spines than the Ergo. It can't be used for newborns, though, like the Ergo can.

I also have a ring sling which I absolutely love. DD prefers being on my hip so she can see everything and it's the best for a hip carry. It's also super easy to get her in and out, which is great considering she changes her mind about walking every 2 seconds. It was also the only carrier I was able to nurse her in totally discreetly. It's not as comfortable for long periods of time since LO's weight is basically on one shoulder, but I've used it the most since she was about 6 months.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: tiffy75

• Options
    Thank you! That's very helpful! I'm planning on giving the Moby a try - it really seems like a good choice for me. I've been watching tons of you tube videos on it. I will keep the carriers in mind if this doesn't work but I'm very hopeful! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"