February 2012 Moms
Options

Struggling with weight gain....

Anyone else struggling with the idea of packing on the pounds.  I haven't gained any weight yet, but my weight is starting to be distributed differently.  I feel like over the weekend my belly just kind of popped.  Now I just feel like I look pudgy, opposed to pregnant.  As excited as I am about the baby, I am not excited about the idea of gaining weight.  I am also not a skinny minny.  I am more on the average size I would say.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Struggling with weight gain....

• Options
    I'm right there with you.  I think it will be easier to take when it is more of a baby bump and less pudgy looking.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

kind of funny but Ive had the same problem -- thinking about all the weight gain. I lost over 40 pounds to do my IVF and was feeling awesome.. NOW Im thinking about how those numbers will go back up after I just worked really hard to lose the weight. I know it sounds so strange because I did IVF and this is exactly what I wanted to achieve but I am struggling with knowing there is going to be weight gain... ughhh

Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I just hope TO gain weight.  I gained so little during my first pregnancy that my Drs were worried and it was really stressful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

you're not alone.  I've already gained 7 lbs (no m/s for me obviously).  Before anyone flames me, yes, I know I'll gain weight.  Yes, I know I am supposed to.  My mind knows all of these things.  My emotions have just not caught up to my mind yet.  I am (and have been) a huge control freak.  I am used to being the maker of my own destiny, so this release of control to the baby is quite a new sensation for me.

So, you are definitely not alone, my friend.

BensonKapaluaWeddingour wedding in Maui. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I am already quite overweight (recently gained 30 more lbs in the the past 6 months) and hope not to gain too much more. DH was just telling me at lunch today "I was talking to my mom yesterday and she said she was reading how women who put on weight before getting pregnant have a higher chance of stroke"... Thanks DH
  • Options

imageazhuskergirl:

Before anyone flames me, yes, I know I'll gain weight.  Yes, I know I am supposed to.  My mind knows all of these things.  My emotions have just not caught up to my mind yet.  I am (and have been) a huge control freak.  I am used to being the maker of my own destiny, so this release of control to the baby is quite a new sensation for me.

AMEN, you hit the nail on the head. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I too have been very stressed about the idea of gaining too much weight. It doesn't help that my husband isn't the most sensitive to my body image/confidence issues, but hopefully once I start looking pregnant instead of just overweight, maybe he will think differently. He's starting this daily tradition of rubbing my belly right before bed, and while I know there is a little person inside, since it's not really anything more than a food baby, it makes me feel a little weird. I find it cute that he's doing it, and I'm not upset by this, but it gives me that momentary feeling of "oh, does he really feel like he's rubbing on a baby or just on a pudgy bloated stomach?"

All I can say is the dear elliptical has been getting and post baby, will definitely get plenty of use!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm right there with you.  I can't wait to look actually pregnant, because I think that will help with my body image.  It's hard to just see pudge and feel good about myself.  Especially as I had gained some weight before getting pregnant.  I'm far from being big, but even before getting pregnant I was the largest I've ever been.  We can know that the weight gain is important, but that doesn't change the feeling.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    imageazhuskergirl:

you're not alone.  I've already gained 7 lbs (no m/s for me obviously).  Before anyone flames me, yes, I know I'll gain weight.  Yes, I know I am supposed to.  My mind knows all of these things.  My emotions have just not caught up to my mind yet.  I am (and have been) a huge control freak.  I am used to being the maker of my own destiny, so this release of control to the baby is quite a new sensation for me.

I too have gained about 7 lbs in the this first tri! Its been a struggle to adjust, but hey- least now we can wear the cute maternity shirts! LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"