Pregnant after IF

Need help with finding/deciding on a crib...

I am finding myself becoming less and less picky with the style because matching the color has become more important to me.  We have two dressers that my grandfather had made a long time ago and I'm not sure what they are made of, but the color is on the orangey side - think Oak or Honey Oak. The closest I have found (and like) is the

(sorry it isn't clicky) DaVinci Parker https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2932206&searchURL=false

... but I'm not 100% sold on it... I think I want a harder wood, but do I really need it? We have twin beds that can be set up separately or as bunks (one currently being used as a "guest" bed), that I anticipate our child/children will use in the future.

This is the other one I like... https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4182663&searchURL=false

I also found some nice ones on PBK but it doesn't seem like they have this color... any suggestions? 

Here is a picture with the dresser... 

Re: Need help with finding/deciding on a crib...

• I have thought about a white crib.... especially where I don't really care if we use it for the long term (the full size bed option).  But restaining/refinishing the dressers is not an option at this time.  Would a white crib look ok you think?  I originally wanted dark wood... so if I didn't match the dressers, the next question would be what color crib?  In the picture, the walls are painted (although it isn't quite true to color in the photo) the color we chose, with white trim.

Edit:  Ahhh! this would have been it! but it is not longer available... anyone have experience with PBK and know if they will restock in this color?

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/kendall-nursery-collection-in-sun-valley-honey/?pkey=cbedroom-nursery-furniture-sale 

FWIW our nursery color scheme is chocolate brown, blue, white... 

• I was also thinking Sun Valley Honey from PBK when I saw the dresser, but I don't think they are going to carry that anymore since it was on super sale, but you could ask them.  I'm also of the camp that it's probably better to just go with something completely different, like white, than try to match it, which will be really tough.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I love PBK for bedding and some other stuff, but I think their cribs are just too expensive. Of your two choices, I like the first one better,the DaVinci... That's on my idea list. Can you take a drawer or small part of your grandpa's dresser with you to the crib store and compare colors? I think not matching perfectly would be fine. However, given your nursery color scheme, I think a white crib would also work. Good luck!
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I like both but I would see how long it's going to take to get the PBK crib in. I have heard their stuff can take a while. We got DaVinci cribs and had them a week after ordering.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got the DaVinci crib, except in a cherry finish. Really like it and seems pretty sturdy.

FYI, if you do go with the DaVinci crib check Amazon, that's where we ordered ours from... It was like $20 or $30 less plus free shipping and we had it in like a week. 

The finish on the dresser looks like a pretty standard honey oak finish, I think you could find a pretty good match in a crib. Otherwise a white crib is good idea too. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"