Attachment Parenting

XP: question about Ergo Baby

I bought one today and DS seems to hate it. I don't think he likes his legs being apart so much. He's going to be five months on Aug 8, so my question is, should I get the insert and use it like a sling for a while or just keep using it as is until he gets used to it. Until now we were using a Balboa Baby sling that I loved, but he's almost 15pounds and it's starting to do a number on my back. TIA!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: question about Ergo Baby

• We love our Ergo. We used the full infant insert until she was well over 6 months old. Now she is almost 8 months old and we still use the bottom pillow portion of it. The insert allows their legs/hips to sit in a more natural position while they are still small. I would recommend buying the insert, but I know several ladies on here say you can rig blankets to do something similar. Good luck!
  • He might still be a little young to have his legs apart "Ergo style."  Try again in another month.  Same thing happened to us - he just wasn't ready to sit that way.  Once he was - he and I LOVED our Ergo.  I cried when I put it away (when we were totally done with it.)
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies for helping me! I was searching all over town trying to find one. Apparently Ergo is not well known in San Antonio because I only found one place in town that carried them new, and the one I bought was the only one in any resale shop and I got it for $8!! It's in brand new condition and is the 2nd generation Ergo! Apparently the person who took it to the resale shop and the lady I bought it from had no idea what they had! On craigslist the closest place I could get one was in Austin and used they want $100. I feel great about my purchase and now I just have to try an insert or wait it out for my little man to be ready for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"