Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

back to work :/

Today I went back to work after 5 days off for our second M/C this year. I was fine until an unsuspecting co-worker asked how the bambino was doing and I lost it in sobs. It was not his fault but for the next four hours I cryed on and off if someone even looked at me funny. My boss sent me home for the rest of the day because I just couldn't handle it. I thought I was ready to be around people, but I guess I was wrong :( Thankfully my husband has been beyond amazing and he came home on break and made me my favorite omelet for breakfast.
Baby #1 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby #2 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: back to work :/

• Options
    I'm sorry :( I hope it gets easier, and I'm sorry for your loss :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I miscarried on friday, and I had hoped that I would at least feel physically up to going into work today, since I hate to use sick time, but after such a crappy weekend, not sleeping well, and still cramping, I just decided to call in.  No one at work knew I was pregant, so I knew now one would ask me about it, but I just couldn't bear someone asking me how my weekend was... what could I possibly say. 

I did tell my boss on friday, so she would understand why I was out and that I may need more time, and I was grateful that she was so understanding and told me to take as much time as I needed.

Luckily, it sounds like the word will spread in your office, and you probably wont have to worry about people asking you about your pregnancy, not that it makes it any easier for you.  Good luck, and I am so sorry for your loss.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"