May 2011 Moms
Options

BOB owners

We have a graco stroller that lo loved, but it melted in the sun, literally. So we're looking into a BOB. Dh is a runner and we camp a lot anyway. So, convince me they're worth it. Also on the site it says they recommend a head rest for babies (lo hates his carseat) do you use one? He's 9 weeks old with good head control, but not complete control.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BOB owners

• Options
    we bought a bob in 2008 for my ds.  i freakin' love it and would buy it again in a second.  it works great in sand, snow, gravel, grass, and pretty much anything you can find.  definitely get the revolution because the front wheel can be free to swivel when walking (or using in a store or mall or something) and fixed for running.  it is also awesome for running because you can adjust the tracking of the front wheel so that if it pulls to one side, you can straighten it out (cheaper joggers lack this function).  i've used it for years for walking and running.  it's also a beast to take to the beach because you can pile everything on it (my beach chair even fits over the handle bars :).  we use it with the car seat adapter when the kids are tiny and then switch to fully reclined with little strap pads until they are big enough to ride sitting up.  my husband was skeptical of the price until we went to rei and he pushed one around- you can steer it with one finger.  it's also easy to fold and you can pop off the rear wheels to store it or fit it in your trunk easier.  awesome, excellent stroller. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we have the double and i couldn't be happier. it's great for running and great for taking out and about. i just installed the car seat adapter yesterday and it works very well. before that we were just putting DD in with the seat reclined. when i run i use one of the head supports that i bought from target. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the single and double Revolution. My H and I own a retail shop and are BOB dealers, so I get a price break and am biased ... but yes, they are very much worth the money. They are sturdy, comfy for you and baby, and just generally awesome. It is our go-to stroller for the zoo, running, walks, etc. The only thing we don't use it for is a trip to the mall.

I think BOB recommends that you use the car seat adapter until 6 months or baby can sit on their own. My DD hated her car seat but always did fine in it if it was in the BOB. 

And you might be able to find some 2010 models still out there on sale. They did a big update for 2011 with some great changes, but an older model would still be sweet ... 

• Options
    I love our BOB.  The girls above have covered most everything, I just wanted to put another vote in saying yes, it's worth it.  I actually bought the 2010 model early this year when the 2011's came out (like above poster mentioned doing).  I got it for just under 300 which was a steal.  

And fwiw, my LO doesn't like his carseat much (it's so hot here and that makes it worse).  I had him in the carseat and infant adapter for the first two-ish months(we walk 5 miles a day).  He's a big boy at almost 14 lbs right now and has great head control.  I put him in it sitting the normal way, just leaned back a little, and he did great so you don't have to wait 3-6 months to sit thhem in their normal.  Every baby is different.  Hope you get it, you'll love it if you are active and on! :)
  • Options

imageandigurl:
    I love our BOB.  The girls above have covered most everything, I just wanted to put another vote in saying yes, it's worth it.  I actually bought the 2010 model early this year when the 2011's came out (like above poster mentioned doing).  I got it for just under 300 which was a steal.  

And fwiw, my LO doesn't like his carseat much (it's so hot here and that makes it worse).  I had him in the carseat and infant adapter for the first two-ish months(we walk 5 miles a day).  He's a big boy at almost 14 lbs right now and has great head control.  I put him in it sitting the normal way, just leaned back a little, and he did great so you don't have to wait 3-6 months to sit thhem in their normal.  Every baby is different.  Hope you get it, you'll love it if you are active and on! :)

I asked pedi about this and she said go for it.  

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I think I will just bite the bullet and go get one, although I may try to find a 2010 like people said. On the BOB website it says you can use it without a carseat at 8 weeks (for walking on flat surfaces), but may want a head pillow, so I will go that route, the car seat is just too hot and confining.
  • Options
    We got ours from a friend, and it's super nice. Before the friend gave us ours I looked on Craiglist to get a used one so that I didn't have to pay full price. I saw lots that were in really good condition on there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"